Larry Keith Nelson - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Larry Keith Nelson - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Simmons (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 10:33 pm:  Edit

It was an honor to have served with Keith at USACIL in the 1980s. Rest in Peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Upton (Rupton) on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 03:42 pm:  Edit

I am also sorry to hear about the death of Keith.
He was the epitomy of an officer and a gentleman.
We worked together on numerous cases when I was working at the US Army Crime Laboratory.

My condolences to his family. May God wrap his loving arms around the Nelson family during their time of sorrow. My family and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 03:09 pm:  Edit

A tribute to Keith is located at www.safde.org.

The obituary will be published Friday 12/19 in both the
Pensacola News Journal and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations to the American Cancer Society in Keith's memory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Padre Squyres (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 10:16 pm:  Edit

I was sorry to hear about Keith Nelson. He was a good friend and a true professional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 07:09 pm:  Edit

I was just notified CW4 (Ret.) Larry Keith Nelson passed away last night. Keith retired as the Chief of the Questioned Document Section at USACIL in 1993.

Services will be held on Saturday at Pensacola Memorial Gardens & Funeral Home, 7433 Pine Forest Road, Pensacola, FL 32526. There will be a public viewing at 10:00 and the funeral will be at 11:00.

http://www.pmgfuneralhome.com/index.aspx

Farrell Shiver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Tom Simmons (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 12:06 pm:  Edit

I wanted to pass on this news about Larry Keith Nelson that I received in an email from Bobbie a few days ago.

"Keith had to have emergency surgery a week ago. He had a blockage in his bowel from scar tissue--a result of previous surgeries. He was in ICU for 5 days. He is out of ICU, but he is not doing well. His cancer is growing very rapidly. There are no more treatment options for him. He has had all the different drug regimens that are available for his type of cancer, and his cancer has continued to progress in spite of the treatments.

So, his doc is not optimistic that he will ever leave the hospital. His body just doesn't have the ability to bounce back. To put it bluntly, he is in the terminal stage of his cancer. He is in West Florida Hospital in Pensacola. Please say a prayer for him. Barbara (Bobbie)"

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: