Jeannie Riffe - wife of Don Riffe - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Jeannie Riffe - wife of Don Riffe - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hiser (Mike_hiser) on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 02:20 am:  Edit

Don:
I am so sorry for your sudden and tragic loss. I do not have the vocabulary to even begin to describe what you must be going through. I have no answers and no automatic saying to "help" your situation. I will say that you and your daughters will be in my prayers for a very long time. May the Lord bless and comfort you in this very tough and difficult time in your life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Riffe (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 02:22 am:  Edit

On December 10th, the VA held a memorial service for my wife, Jeannie, at Arlington National Cemetery. Although she worked at the VA in St Louis, her position was a national level position. During the memorial service, a tribute video was played that really captures who she was. I am so proud of the job they did in preparing it. Here's the link if anyone is interested in seeing the love of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPw36ItDDQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Fenwick (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 11:20 pm:  Edit

Don,
Nothing that is said here can ease the pain that you and your family feel. But please know that our prayers are with you and the girls that the Lord will help your family grow closer together as a result of this terrible accident.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George F. Brown, III (Gun4hire) on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 10:10 pm:  Edit

Don,

My heart-felt sympathy goes to you and your daughters in the loss of your wife. I am still in shock just reading the articles posted. I know many years have passed since we went to CID School together, but it seems like yesterday. You will forever be a true brother of mine and if there is anything that I can ever do for you and your family, please let me know. My family's prayers are with you in this time of sorrow. Keep the faith and God Bless You!!!!

George F. Brown, III
Retired Special Agent, 3333

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 09:43 pm:  Edit

Don;
We don't know each other, but I know your pain for I lost a son to homicide. Only time will help, and you'll never forget, but try to realize that God has a plan for all of us, and Jeannie must have been needed in heaven for she has went ahead and will be there when you arrive.
Love and comfort your girls for they will need you more then ever. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Frick (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 10:26 am:  Edit

Don, My family and I send our deepest condolences to you and your daughters. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Bob Frick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:06 am:  Edit

Don, Paige and I send our deepest condolences to you and your Daughters. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 04:28 pm:  Edit

Don, I can only try to imagine the pain you and your daughters are feeling at this time. We do not know one another, but after reading your post, I felt compelled to express the sadness I feel for your loss. I lost a daughter years ago, but not under tragic circumstances such as you experienced. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you try to pick up the pieces and deal with this horrific life changing event. Mike Pickering

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don RIffe (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 12:12 am:  Edit

I thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Jeannie truly was my "better half". All because of an act of carelessness, my perfect life has been ruined. As Ruben stated, we were coming home from a long weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks. I was towing a 22 foot pontoon boat. The passenger side trailer tire went flat and I had to get off the highway because I didn't want to roll the boat or jackknife the trailer. I was completely off the road. When I wasn't able to change the tire myself, I got on the phone with my insurance company for roadside assistance. I was in mid sentence on the phone and the next thing I know, I'm waking up in the ditch beside Jeannie. A trucker had hit my boat which hit me and Jeannie and then went through / over my suburban where my two girls and two labs were. When I woke up, my boat was gone, my suburban was totalled and Jeannie was gone. Strangers dragged my girls through the broken windows of the suburban and one surviving lab. The trucker told the highway patrol trooper that he was reaching across his cab for something to drink and ran off the road. My girls and I were taken to the closest ER. I have two broken ribs. My 15 year old had a slight concussion and all three of us have scrapes and bruises.

I am beyond destroyed. Jeannie and I were married for almost 27 years. The only thing keeping me going right now is my girls. I have to figure out how to be a mother AND a father to them. I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see the love of my life laying in that ditch and nothing I can do for her. If I move wrong, my ribs remind me of the accident. I am trying to focus what little energy I have on the girls and working with the Highway Patrol and my lawyers. Jeannie was civil service with the Dept of Veteran's Affairs at the Jefferson Barracks VA Medical Center. She is buried with other veteran's at the Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery where I will join her some day. I drive past it going to work, and home from work evey day so I can talk to her. I miss her more than I ever thought possible. I will never be over this, I just have to figure out how to function for my kids.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Holder (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 08:13 pm:  Edit

Don,
I am so sorry for your loss. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By matthewsgt (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 01:14 pm:  Edit

Don. There are no words to express my sorrow for you loss. Only you and your children can know how much it hurts, but we can all imagine. It hurts to the core to know that a good person such as yourself and your children, must suffer the loss of a loved one, a mother, a wife and a friend. You and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of many, many peopld.

George Matthews

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 01:50 pm:  Edit

Don and Family, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you suffer through these really tough times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 11:04 am:  Edit

Shocking news -- saddened to the core -- heart hurts!! I've known Don and Jeannie since he was MPI in Italy - 1983/84, and I talked to Don about submitting his CID packet. Don backed me up in a hostage negotiation/barricaded sitation in Italy and Don was right there with me when we talked the subject out -- subject pulled out a knife -- and Don took the subject into custody. A great Agent, father, husband and friend to many. Don is truly one of the good guys -- and Jeannie, as RC says "an angel." Tragic -- terrible loss. I can't imagine the deep grief Don and his family are going through. I'll be contacting Don. I too ask that you keep Don and his family in your thoughts and your prayers. He is our family!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 08:23 pm:  Edit

Ruben thank you for the information. My deepest sympathy to Don and his family. What a tragic loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruben C. Young (Rubenyoung) on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 03:11 pm:  Edit

I am very saddened to report that Jeannie Riffe was killed in a traffic accident on Sunday, October 19th. She was the wife of SA Don Riffe, a former military agent and now the RAC of the St Louis Fraud Office. They were returning from an outing on I-44 outside St Louis, towing their boat, when they had a flat tire on the trailer. They were off the road, changing the flat, when an 18 wheeler left the roadway and struck the boat, sending it airborne and striking Jeannie. Don sustained a couple of fractured ribs and their two teen-aged daughters, who were with them, sustained minor injuries.

Arrangements are being handled by Fey Funeral Home, 4100 LeMay Ferry Road, Melville, MO 63129, Phone 314-892-5691. Plans are for viewing tomorrow and funeral on Thursday.

Don and Jeannie were good friends of mine, going back to when I was in the St Louis Fraud Office. Jeannie was an Angel! I spoke with Don yesterday and he is doing the best he can, under the circumstances. They also have a son who is in the Air Force.

Please keep Don and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: