Douglas H. Cobb - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Douglas H. Cobb - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Williams (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 03:20 pm:  Edit

When LTC Cobb took over at Bragg from LTC Taylor, some were concerned because he was coming from the 82nd Airborne Division. Could not have been more wrong, a great commander. All who served with and under him will miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David F. Smith (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 04:16 pm:  Edit

Col. Cobb was a great Commander, I served with him at Ft Bragg Dist. As stated above, he was a CID Agent's Commander, allowing us to do our job and keeping the brass off us. A very good man, my prayers are with his family. Rest in peace my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Marshall (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:17 am:  Edit

I agree with Ruben Young, Col Cobb was top shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse Harris, Jr (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 09:46 am:  Edit

I am deeply saddened at the loss of "Doug". My heart goes out to Susan. He was an outstanding person and Commander who backed the troops. I remember him telling us at Bragg "Napoleon said give me a pocket of medals and I can win the world..." He rewarded for good work and gave us the tools to make sure we succeded in our job. I agree with "Rooster," he left the investigating to the Agents, and kept Region, Command and other "strap hangers" off our backs! He was a great example for everyone to follow. The folliowing quote from the The Airborne Creed best described him "...I am the trooper of the sky! I am my Nation's best! In peace and war I never fail. Anywhere, anytime, in anything--I AM AIRBORNE!" Ooh Aah!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruben C. Young (Rubenyoung) on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 09:59 am:  Edit

COL Cobb was my Commander while I was at Ft Bragg. He was truly an Agent's Commander; He was smart enough to leave the investigating and CID stuff to the agents and he took care of the "Army" stuff and kept Region and Hqs off our backs. He was a gung-ho paratrooper! A good Commander!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 10:47 am:  Edit

COL Douglas H Cobb, MPC retired, passed away in Fayetteville GA on 19 September 2008. Among many survivors are his wife, Susan. A memorial service and interment were scheduled for today, 22 September, at Peachtree City United Methodist Church and the Georgia National Cemetery in Canton GA.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: