Joe R Greenwell - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Joe R Greenwell - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Manfred F. Meine (Drmmeine) on Monday, November 21, 2011 - 12:30 am:  Edit

I haven't been in here for a while and just learned of Joe's passing. What a shock. he worked for me in Augsburg, and recently even called here. A great guy and a wonderful family man. He will be missed.

Fred Meine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 01:49 pm:  Edit

CW3 Joe Riley Greenwell US Army Retired was born on 9 November 1941, went to be with the Lord on 31 October 2011, at the age of 69. He is preceded in death by his parents William Riley and Viva Maurine Greenwell; a brother Bobby Denny Greenwell; and a sister Sandra Marie Ortiz. He proudly served his Country in the US Army with over 23 years of dedicated service. Joe retired from the US Postal service with 20 years of service. He is survived by his seven sons, David, Kevin, Johnny, Jack, Jeff, Joey and Jason; a sister Barbara Dana and husband Juan Carlos; a brother James R Greenwell and wife Judy; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Funeral service will be Monday 7 November 2011, at 9: AM at Mission Park Funeral Chapels North, San Antonio, TX. Interment at Ft Sam Houston National Cemetery with full military honors will be Thursday 10 November 2011 at 10: AM. You may sign the on-line guest book at www.missionparks.com. Condolences to the family at the address on page 36 of the 2011 Gold Book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G. McDaniel (Jim_mcdaniel) on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 08:56 pm:  Edit

I met Joe and his twin brother Jim in 1965 while stationed with the 404th MP Co, 4th AD in Goeppingen, Gy. Jim and I worked at the Div CID Ofc at the HQ's and Joe was up on Nuernberg. I ran into Joe during my career a few times and find it hard to believe that so many of us are moving on. Rest in peace my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 05:53 pm:  Edit

Sorry to read of Joe's passing. While we never crossed paths on active duty, we enjoyed chatting with him at the annual reunions for many years. Joe was an Assn. Director for several years, I think. Rest in peace, Joe, and peace be with his family.
.....Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By terrie deJongh (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:18 pm:  Edit

Joe was a great friend to my parents, especially my dad. Joe has joined him now in a better place

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:47 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Joe R Greenwell passed away on 30 October 2011. Additional information when it becomes available. (Thanks to Ken Minton)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: