John W. Meade - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John W. Meade - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hartley (Jeff_hartley) on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 04:41 pm:  Edit

John would always keep you in stitches. Having him in Iraq sure made the time go by a heck of a lot faster than it could have. R.I.P. John
Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Baker (Bobb49) on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 11:37 am:  Edit

This is an absolute shock. John was one of the most genuine friends anyone could have. I was with John at Camp Casey and must say he made a rather lousy assignment so much fun I would have stayed another year. He was Jolliet Jake in the Blues Brothers revival and a true Lounge Lizard of the highest tradition. Over the years, I spoke to John several times and we had dinner in Boston on a couple of occasions. He was way too young to pass. You will be missed amigo...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Holder (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 07:14 pm:  Edit

John and I served in Panama a year before the invasion. He and I were on the Command Staff of the MP Command from Bragg that went to Panama to support our troops stationed there. John was a great person to be around. He always had something funny to share. While we were in Panama, he taught me how to make salsa, Meade style. Every time I make salsa, I think back to the time we spent in Panama together. Although we were not on the same team at Ft Bragg, I always remember John during the 2 mile run portion of the PT test. He could really fly! John was a great person. I know that he will really be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken luciani (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 05:57 am:  Edit

I will miss John so very much. I have never met a guy who was always so happy and full of life as he was. He was a great friend and I hope to meet him again in Margaritaville when I go to meet my maker.
RIP John!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Holder (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 10:32 pm:  Edit

Was this the same John Meade assigned to Ft Bragg in 1987-1988 time period?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 05:47 pm:  Edit

SSG (retired) JOHN WILLIAM MEADE Jr, 46, born 24 July 1962 passed away on 19 August 2008. He was pre-deceased by his father, John William Meade Sr. He is survived by his mother Mary Couric Meade, sister Mary (David) Meade Kong, niece Alana Kong, nephew Nicholas Kong, and numerous friends and co-workers. John was a native Miamian, graduating from St Thomas University with a Justice Administration Degree. Following graduation, he served 7 1/2 years in the Army, first as a Military Policeman and later as a Criminal Investigator. He served in South Korea, Panama, St Croix, and the Gulf War in Desert Storm. On his return to Miami, he again entered St Thomas University, working toward a History Degree. He was a U S Federal Agent since 1996. John was also the Quartermaster of the VFW Post #4127, focusing on relief funding for the children and families of Veterans. He was also an active member of the Parrot Head Club of Miami. "John Meade never met a person he didn't call friend." Visitation will be at Van Orsdel Funeral Home - Kendall Sunday 24 August from 4:-8: PM. With testimonials at 6:PM. Funeral services will be at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral located at North Bayshore Drive and Venetian Causeway on Monday 25 August at 10: AM with burial following at Woodlawn Park North. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to VFW Post #4127, 601 NE 2nd Rd, Homestead, FL 33030. VAN ORSDEL - KENDALL DRIVE 11220 Kendall Dr 305-279-6644 is in charge. To visit the Guest Book Online, go to www.MiamiHerald.com/obituaries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Crump (Terrycrump) on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 07:09 pm:  Edit

As I said in my earlier post, John loved his VFW post, Post 4127, Homestead, FL, where he served as the Judge Advocate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Crump (Terrycrump) on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 04:24 pm:  Edit

I just heard about John passing from us. John, aka "Flounder" at the Lizard Lounge-Korea 1986, was one heck of a nice guy and will be deeply missed by me and many more. I saw John a few months ago in Miami, he looked good, had a bright smile and was as funny as ever. John loved his mom and sister, his friends, Jimmy Buffett, the VFW club and a good cold beer. RIP-John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:21 am:  Edit

Former CID Special Agent John W Meade unexpectedly passed away sometime during the evening of 8/19/08 from natural causes. The exact cause of death is not known at this time. John was a Special Agent with DEA and was assigned to their Homestead Florida Office at time of death. (Thanks to Bill Arnone)
Please send condolences to the family at the address on page 96 of your 2008 Gold Books.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: