Teruo Nishimura - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Teruo Nishimura - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David M. White (Xraydave1) on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 01:42 pm:  Edit

Chief Nish was my boss as Camp Red Cloud in 1981. What a high class person. We always ate at the Katusa snack bar together. Every time he seen my Korean wife, he would ask if she was a new girl :-) When I was sent to William Beaumount Med Ctr at the Persido, who was stationed there, Chief Nish and guess what, he finally noticed my wife. We shall all miss him, Good by Chief Nish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cline (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 04:32 pm:  Edit

Very sorry to learn of Nishi's passing. He was a sounding board for many agents who passed through the halls at Schofield(including me)and he always had a kind word. Condolences to Kazuko and her family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Bosse (Mike_bosse) on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 05:38 pm:  Edit

Spent a tour in Hawaii with Mr Nish. I see the names of a couple others assigned there at the same time have already posted.

Mr. Nish was the District CIC. A consummate gentleman with enormous patience and a wealth of experience. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 02:58 pm:  Edit

What a loss. Nishi was a great guy. I spent three years with him in Japan and again was with him at 6th Region. Best wishes to his family, wife and sons Koji and Duke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Franklin (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 10:04 pm:  Edit

I recall he had a special pen and I was always misplacing mine. When I asked to borrow his pen, he kept an eye on it (and me) like a hawk. Not sure what it was about that special pen, but it meant a lot to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald R. Allbright (Don) on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 12:37 pm:  Edit

I only interacted with Nishi a few times, but I think John and Dale summed up my impressions of him pretty well. I couldn't think of anything more to say. He was indeed a polite, well mannred and extremely helpful and caring man. May God bless Nishi and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Herring (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 01:04 pm:  Edit

Nish was a gentle soul and always ready to lend a listening ear. He was a pleasure to work with in Hawaii. I used to tease him about trying to inject logic into CID's antiquated Criminal Information processes. He did his job with quite efficiency. It was hard to drag “war stories” out of him, but when you did, they were amazing. Rest in peace Nish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 08:53 am:  Edit

We will always remember Nishi for his quiet manner, yet strong guidance and leadership both as a senior Warrant at 6th Region and when he came to us as Crim Info Coordinator in Hawaii. Rest in piece my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 08:41 am:  Edit

CW4(Ret) Teruo Nishimura, 79, passed away on 23 August 2011. Mr Nishimura was born on 6 September 1931. He resided in Waipahu, HI, at time of death. Among the survivors are his wife, Kazuko. Condolences should be sent to the address on page 68 of the CIDAA Gold Book. (Thanks to Mike Pickering)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: