Ronald J. Colaprete - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ronald J. Colaprete - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 08:04 pm:  Edit

CW3 (Ret) Ronald Joseph Colaprete passed away at his residence in Fairfax, VA on 30 September 2011. Among the survivors are his wife, Young Cha Colaprete; two sons, John Colaprete of Fairfax, VA; Ronald (Cynthia) Colaprete of Ohio, and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his brother Nicholas. Friends may call at Fairfax Memorial Funeral Home, 9902 Braddock Rd, Fairfax, VA on Wednesday, 5 October 2011 from 2: to 4: and 6: to 9: PM. A graveside service will be held at Fairfax Memorial Park on Thursday, 6 October at 11: AM. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the St Jude's Hospital for Children, 501 St Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105. Online Guestbook at http://www.fmfh.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 07:40 pm:  Edit

Word comes from Ron's widow, Yong Hui, that he lost a long battle with cancer on Friday, 30 Sep 11. I served with Ron in ROK (2ND CID) in 1970, and at USAMPS in 72-74. He also did a tour in Nam and retired to take a job as Security Operations at Smithsonian. Ron was an OSI Retread, like myself, and truly one of the finest men I ever knew. Doubt that Ron ever had an enemy on our side of the law and he was a true "natural" when it came to golf, bowling, and other sports. I suspect that anyone who ever served with, or otherwise knew, Ron Colaprete will be saddened to hear of his passing. He was as a brother to yours truly and I feel truly blessed to have known him well.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: