Harry T. Higgins - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Harry T. Higgins - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy R. Martin (Brmartin) on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 10:12 pm:  Edit

Served with Harry at Ft Rucker in the 70s. He was one of the great ones with a story to tell. Our thoughts and prayers are with Angie and the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Q. Allgood (Chuckoig) on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 04:00 am:  Edit

I met Harry when I served at Ft Rucker in the 1970s and he was a very interesting gentleman to speak with about his days in CID. I learned a great deal through listening to the various situations Harry experienced during his career. Harry was also friends with Mr. Jim Caskey (A former Boss of mine)and Mr. Jack Wall who both were CID Agents during Harry's era in CID. It was a definite pleasure to have known Harry and may he Rest in Peace.

Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jess D Todd (Jess_todd) on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 09:01 am:  Edit

I just spoke with members of the Harry Higgins family and learned that Services for Harry are being held today 11 Aug 08 at the Love-Way Church, Enterprise, Alabama, between 5-7 PM. This will be followed by burial at Arlington National Cemetery on August 25, 2008 at 9:00 AM. The family requests that in lieu of flowers that donations in his name be made to the American Heart Association,Southeast Affiliate, Coffey County Alabama, PO Box 409410 Atlanta, GA 30384-9410

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald L. Keller (Don_keller) on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 08:58 pm:  Edit

Harry took care of me when I was a fresh young “probie” at the 2nd CID in ROK. He also took care of us all while he was in charge of the “Mickey Moose Club.” Anyone that knew Harry can recall many happy stories for he always managed to keep life interesting. His amazing escape, without a scratch, when a Kimchi bus totaled his sedan; his large “pet” owl that would bite him when he would try to feed it. Great memories of a Great Man! I’m sure you are still keeping things interesting on the other side. Rest in peace, old friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jess D Todd (Jess_todd) on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 07:44 pm:  Edit

I just now talked with retired SA Hutchison, and Angie Higgins from Dothan, AL who advised me of the death of Harry Higgins. Harry and I worked together from 1957-59 in Fuerth(Nurberg). Believe me. we have lost one of the really old timers and one of the really good ones. I give Harry credit for teaching me many of the things I learned in CID. We kept in touch over the years and visited each other in Germany, California, Washington, and Alabama. Harry worked for Col Kelly when he was a Captain,worked with Harry Painter, Simpson, Hunter Beattie, Romain Samuelson, and many others whose names I can't recall on such short notice. During WW2 Harry was a waist gunner in the Air Corps. After retirement from 30 years in the Army Harry worked for the State of Alabama as a probation and parole officer. He is survived by his wife Angie and daughter Patty and at least two grand children. Hutchison said that Harry went down hill pretty fast after falling and breaking his hip. Hutchison was in Frankfurt with me in 63-66. Rest easy my friend and thanks for the wonderful memories

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 06:04 pm:  Edit

Reported by: James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Friday, August 08, 2008

I saw in a local newspaper that Master Sergeant Harry T. HIGGINS, CID (Ret) died on 6 Aug 08, at a hospital in Dothan, AL. Cause of death was reportedly a staph infection and complications following treatment for a broken hip. Harry was 84 years old, and was married to his wonderful wife, Angie, for 56 years. A memorial service will be held on Monday, 11 Aug 08, in Enterprise, AL. No further details at this time. Harry is listed on page 63 of the gold book. Harry was my team chief during my first assignment at Ft Rucker, AL, in 1970.

Reposted by Moderator

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: