Richard Malcolm Croom - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Richard Malcolm Croom - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 10:28 pm:  Edit

In 1960 I was assigned to the 89th CID at Fort Jackson, SC. During the course of CID duties I met Richard Croom. He was the NCOIC of the Ft Jackson US Army Medical Command Admin Division. In 1962 Richard expressed the desire to become a CID Agent and I recommended him for accreditation during General Butcher's tenure as PMG, who strongly recruited CID Agents from outside the Military Police Corps. Richard was accepted and upon completion of CID School was assigned to the famous 19th CID at Uijong-bu, Korea. I was already there at the time and had completed about half of my tour when Richard arrived. We kept in touch over the years and personally visited each other numerous times after both of us retired from CID. Coincidentally, my son, who retired from US Customs two years ago bought a house on the same lake about a mile from Richard's home in Villa Rica, GA, not aware that Richard lived there. While visiting my son late last year, I had lunch with Richard, and spent the afternoon with him. He had already put up a good fight for about four years against cancer but it was noticeible that it had taken it's toll. I spoke with him on the phone in March and he had gone through more treatment with no apparent success. I am deeply saddened by Richard's death and I wish to express my sincere condolences to his Wife Connie, his children and the Croom family. Richard was a very talented and hard working CID Agent. I am proud to have known and served with him as a CID Agent and honored to have known and kept in touch with him for the many years after his retirement in the private sector. Farewell my faithful friend. I will sorely miss you. You are now in a place where there is no more pain and suffering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 11:49 am:  Edit

Very sorry to read of Dick's passing. We were in the 19th CID at Uijongbu many years ago, and didn't get to see him again until one of the CIDAA annual meetings a few years ago. Rest in peace, and our condolences to his family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 02:58 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Richard Malcolm Croom, age 75, of Golfers Point, Villa Rica, Georgia passed away Tuesday 10 June 2008. He was born 2 September 1932 in Bertie County, North Carolina to the late Lula Mae Tillery Croom and Conrad Croom. Mr. Croom was a U.S. Army Veteran having served in the Korean Conflict and subsequently as a US Army CID Agent and Chief Warrant Officer for 20 years. He also was the owner and operator of Croom Executive Protection, Inc., Professional Protection, Inc. and Eastern Industrial Security, Inc. Besides his parents, he was preceded in death by a sister, Faye Croom. Survivors include his wife, Connie Jones Croom; his children and their spouses, Carroll & Jeff Harrison of Villa Rica, Kathy & Larry Fletcher of Newnan and Cynthia Jo & Lee Moore of Tampa, FL.; a sister, Carolyn Latiolais and a brother, Al Croom both of Virginia Beach; also six grandchildren, Kyndal Fletcher, Mac Fletcher, Ali Jo Fletcher, Emily Harrison, Hunter Harrison and Kolby Richard Harrison. A memorial service will be conducted Friday 13 June 2008 at 2: PM from Martin & Hightower Heritage Chapel with Rev George Burroughs officiating. The American Legion Post #143 will do the flag presentation. In accordance with the families wishes, the body will be cremated following the service. Visitation 12 June 2008 from 4: to 6: PM Martin & Hightower Heritage Chapel, Carrollton, GA are in charge. Please send condolences to Connie and family at the address on page 32 of your 2008 Gold Books.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: