Lou Blazy - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Lou Blazy - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dorothy V. Blazy (Dvblazy) on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 05:08 pm:  Edit

Here is an update of my husband's military and professional career:

Lou had two distinguished careers.

A Korean War veteran, he retired from the Army following 22-years of service where he earned distinction as a decorated soldier and CID Agent.

Enlisting in the US Army Upon graduation, he served until 1968 where he retired as a Chief Warrant Officer-3. Following basic training he served as a crypto analyst and then as Provost Sergeant, Military Police Detachment, Vint Hill Farms Station, Virginia. In 1950 he was transferred to the 4th MP (CI) at Ft. Myer, VA, where he remained until departing for Korea.

He left for war when his first child was 13-months old and his wife pregnant with their second child. He departed Washington, D.C. by train on 9 December 1951 for Seattle, Washington, where he boarded the General R.L. Howze bound for Korea. He was still crossing the ocean on this ship on Christmas Day. He landed in Yokohoma, Japan on 4 January 1952; then to Sasebo, Japan where he crossed the Sea of Japan for Korea.

Upon arriving in Korea, he was assigned to the 2nd infantry Division, 2nd MP Company as Operation Sergeant and interpreter to a French Battalion. Soon thereafter, he was reassigned to the 3rd MP (CI) for the remainder of his tour. In 1952, Lou was wounded twice, once in the Kuhwa/Chorwon Valley and in Kap’yong.
His assignment after leaving Korea was back to the 4th CID at Ft. Myer. His next tour was to France at the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) with the 16th CID in Paris. Lou followed the Paris assignment with another return to the 4th CID at Fort Myer.

His last overseas tour was a return to France. This time with the 15th CID USAREUR, Located in LaRochelle/St. Nazaire Port Area Command. When American forces were pulled from the Port Area Command, he and the 15th CID moved to Paris, where he stayed until his tour was complete. Upon his return to the States, Lou was once more assigned to the 4th CID. However, his last assignment before his retirement was as Chief Investigator, Special Inquiry Section, Office of the Secretary of Defense in the Pentagon.

Following his military career, Lou worked for and retired from US Airways, formerly Allegheny Airlines in 1989. During his tenure, he established security protocols throughout every USAir airport hub, making it one of the safest airlines in the country. He was a guest lecturer for the FBI and CIA on terrorism and other national security measures.

After his second retirement, he was contracted by DHL, an emerging wordwide delivery service, to create it security systems in its vast networks around the world. He also consulted with numerous airlines for airport security upgrades throughout the country until settling in as a gentleman farmer on Greenwood Farm at his home in Mt. Pleasant, Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Moderator (Ccraig) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 08:01 pm:  Edit

Posted by Cheryl Marsh (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My mother, Dorothy Blazy, would like to let eveyone know that my father's funeral service will be held at the Old Post Chapel, Ft Myer,VA, on Tuesday, August 26th at 1030 hours, followed by burial at Arlington National Cemetery. If anyone would like to contact her, the phone number is 740-769-2482. Reposted from Guestbook - C Craig - Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Francis J. Myers (Frank_myers) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 08:17 pm:  Edit

Mark, I served with your father in the 16th CI, Paris France. I was MPI (working in uniform)and had been accepted for CID school upon return to the states. The first day your dad arrived, he told me to go buy some civilian clothes or don't come back to work. He got me started and taught me a lot. I'm sorry for your loss and my loss as well. God be with you and your family Dorothy. You all are in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 03:24 pm:  Edit

I never met Lou, but replaced him after he left the OSD slot in the Pentagon. He was very well thought of, and had an excellent reputation in that sensitive and interesting position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Moderator (Ccraig) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 03:15 pm:  Edit

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 By Carl Bandy Reposted here from Guestbook

Mark, I didn't know your Father but he sounded like a true American hero. Your posting paints a picture of someone that it would have been a blessing to know. My condolences to you and your family. Carl Bandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Moderator (Ccraig) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 03:13 pm:  Edit

Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Mark, I knew and worked for your dad when he was the operations officer for the 4th CID at Fort Myers. I often rode to and from work with him as I lived in Annandale. He was a good man and a friend. He will be missed. You have my prayers.
Bob Moody Reposted from Guestbook - Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Moderator (Ccraig) on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 03:10 pm:  Edit

Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008
Reposted here by Moderator, From Guestbook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CWO-3 Louis (Lou) J. Blazy, Jr., (USA Ret)of Mt. Pleasant, Ohio, died June 5, 2008, at the Trinity Hospital, Steubenville, Ohio. Lou was born in Brownsville, Pennsylvania; the first son of Louis J. Blazy, Sr. and Anna (Vilcheck) Blazy. He was raised in Shadyside, Ohio, and a 1947 graduate of Shadyside high school, where he was a standout athlete. He returned to Ohio in 1971, residing in Mt. Pleasant.

Enlisting in the U.S. Army upon graduation, Lou served until 1968, retiring as a Chief Warrant Officer-3. After basic training, Lou served as a crypto-analyst and as then as Provost sergeant, Military Police Detachment, Vint Hill Farms Station, Warrenton, Virginia.

During the Korean War, he served in the 2nd MP Company as Operations Sergeant - Provost Marshal, 2nd Infantry Division and as an interpreter to a French battalion. He was wounded in the Kumhwa/Chorwon valley and again in Kap’yong, in 1952. Lou was later assigned to the 3rd Criminal Investigative Detachment (CID).

After the war, Lou continued to serve as a CID agent. His assignments included; Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) headquarters U.S. European Command, Camp des Loges, with the 16th CID, Paris, France; Chief CID detachment commander 15th CID Port Area Command in St. Nazaire - La Rochelle; and Bel Manior - Versailles, France. Lou also served in the Military District of Washington with the 4th & 5th CID; and, as Chief Investigator, Office of the Secretary of Defense. His military decorations include: Combat Infantry Badge, Presidential Unit Citation, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Joint Services Commendation, Army Commendation Medal, Korean Service Medal with 3 battle stars and Polish Guard Medal. In 1961, President John Kennedy personally asked Lou to serve as a White House Military aide. Following his military career Lou served as chief investigator for Allegheny / U.S. Airways in Pittsburgh, PA from 1968-1990 and chief investigator for DHL Airways until his final retirement in 1995. Before the war, Lou played football for the U.S. Army Football League and received an offer to play professional football for the Washington Redskins. Lou was a member of the CID Agents Association and American Legion.

In addition to his parents, his only sibling James R. Blazy and grandson Mark precede Lou in death. Lou is survived by his wife Dorothy and children Patricia / George Fitch of Warrenton, VA; Louis J. Blazy, III / Suzan of Fairfax, VA; Cheryl Marsh of Indianapolis, ID; Mark / Michele Blazy, of Lanoka Harbor, NJ; Burton / Mina Blazy of Palm Desert, CA; and, Greg. His grandchildren are Lt.(j.g.) Damian and Christopher Blazy; Rochelle Marsh; Jaclyn Blazy; and, Joel, Miranda, Andrew, Morgan, Madeline Blazy.

Lou will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: