Elmer Eugene Snyder - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Elmer Eugene Snyder - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Moody (Rob) on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 09:05 pm:  Edit

Mick
The late Bill Wagner was also a member of that unit. And you are right Elmer was one of the good guys. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 07:08 pm:  Edit

From Liam H Loughran - In early June, Elmer phoned to tell me he had terminal cancer. He asked me for information on VA services, which I gave him, along with who to contact. I tried to call his home after that but got no answer. His wife called at the beginning of July to inform me that Elmer had passed away on 28 June as noted in the TAPs entry. I first met Elmer back in 1962 when he came to Munich, Germany, where I served as an MPI with the 13th CID. He was with the 6th CID. We met again in 1967 when I was assigned to the 199th Light Infantry Brigade and he was assigned to a CID Unit in downtown Saigon, Vietnam. Jimmy Johnson and Jesse Burdick were in Elmer's Unit but I don't recall what it was. My deepest sympathy to his family. Elmer was a wonderful human being. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 06:38 pm:  Edit

CW4 (Ret) Elmer Eugene Snyder, 84, was born on 14 May 1927. He died of cancer at Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA, on 28 June 2011. Cremation services and burial were private. His wife Joanne Snyder survives.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: