Patrick A. Marotta - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Patrick A. Marotta - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 02:16 pm:  Edit

The address on page 89 of your 2008 Gold Books is no longer valid. Pat Marotta's son, Anthony P Marotta, resides in Salinas, CA. Pat's spouse, Rose Marie Marotta, can be contacted at an address in Germany. Since this is a public forum, I request that you send me a private email (CIDAA1@comcast.net) if you want either address. The addresses will be published in the next newsletter. Thanks, Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 05:29 pm:  Edit

Pat (Patrick Anthony) was at Dix in the early to mid '60's (as was Bob Melody), and I had the pleasure of working with, and learning from both. Pat had a great sense of humor, and definitely knew the investigation business. Not a bad poker play, either. He releived me of a few coins there, and also at the last reunion he attended. He was a good man. RIP, Pat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jess D Todd (Jess_todd) on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 02:16 am:  Edit

I don't know much about Pat Marottas initial history with CID but as I recall he joined the 9th CID in 1957 from Ft Dix and was still there when I left in 1959. During this time he mostly worked with Bob Melody who also had previously been at Fort Dix. Pat was a hard working dedicated investigator who apparently spent most of his CID time between Ft Dix and Fuerth and even remained in Germany after his retirement. I last saw him in Las Vegas several years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CIDAA1 (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 01:33 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Marotta retired and resided in Germany. He passed away on 30 April 2008. Additional information will be posted if it becomes available. Condolences to Mrs Marotta and family at the address on page 89 of your 2008 Gold Books.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: