Dave Sage - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Dave Sage - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Izumi (Wayne_izumi) on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 02:21 pm:  Edit

For some reason, Dave's passing has reminded me how vulnerable and finite life on earth is... men like Dave Sage are not supposed to die...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 08:10 am:  Edit

Published obit: Sage, David Ray, 63, a 26 year US Army Veteran and a US Citizenship and Immigration Supervisor, passed away peacefully at his home in North Tustin on July 12, 2011. Besides his wife of 7 years, Sandra L. (Pfankuch) Sage, he leaves daughters, Jonelle (Karl) Santa and Madison Sage, and 3 grandchildren. He is also survived by his sister, Susan Sage; brother, Jim Sage; and father, Howard Ray Sage. Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm in St. John's Lutheran Church, 154 S. Shaffer St., Orange, CA 92866. Interment with full military honors on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:15 am in Riverside National Cemetery in Riverside, California. Saddleback Chapel - Tustin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Clifford (Mjclifford) on Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 08:59 pm:  Edit

Joyce and I were deeply shocked and truly saddened at the news of Dave's passing. In 1981, we were just newlyweds and new to the Heidelberg RA when Dave replaced Dan Lilly . In the 1990s, I again work for Dave at the Fort Ord CID unit before the intallation closed. We also got to see his two daughters as very young girls and it was great watching him interact with them. It was like someone trying to herd kittens. He will be missed and his family is in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Allgood (Chuckoig) on Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 07:10 pm:  Edit

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Dave Sage. Dave was assigned to Second Region while I was at Frankfurt District. I recall Dave as a highly professional CID Agent who was always willing to take the time to assist the field agents.

My thoughts and prayers will be with Dave and his family.

Dave, Rest in Peace my friend!

Respectfully,
Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 01:43 pm:  Edit

Was stationed with Dave a number of times in Germany and in the States. Was at NB when he made Warrant. Will miss him. He is most likely getting a talking to by Dave Stem right now. RIP old friend, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonelle Santa nee Sage (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 07:18 pm:  Edit

Thank you guys for all your wonderful emails. Your memories, stories, and kind words (even from those who never knew our dad) have been more of a comfort to my sister and I than I can express.

Flowers are limited at the National Cemetery, so please instead consider making a donation in memory of David R. Sage to the Wounded Warrior Project. Dad would have preferred this to flowers anyway. :-)
For more information about the Wounded Warrior Project: www.woundedwarriorproject.org
The following is a link to their donation page: https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/default.aspx?tsid=72&source=WEBSITE

Here is the memorial info:
Please feel free to post or pass on this info to anyone who is interested. All are welcome.

Dad's memorial service will be held Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 3:30 p.m. at St. John's Lutheran Church in Orange, CA. There will be a light reception at the church following the service.
There will be a military burial on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:15 a.m. at Riverside National Cemetery near March Joint AFB, CA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Richard Coupal (Gary_coupal) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 09:41 pm:  Edit

I was so sad to get this news. Great memories of times with Dave in FRG. Another mentor and friend is gone. Dave, my friend, rest in peace and thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Enzio Gehrig (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 06:30 pm:  Edit

Extremely sorry to hear the sad news. Dave was a very, very likeable person, he will be greatly missed. RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Mullin (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 10:29 am:  Edit

The Team has lost one of its true, talented Stars. Rest in Peace, Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 03:49 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) David R Sage, 63, was born on 17 May 1948. He passed away unexpectedly at his home in Santa Ana, CA, on 12 July 2011 of a heart attack suffered during his sleep.

Memorial Services: 7:00PM on 19 July 2011 at Saddleback Chapel, 220 E Main St, Tustin, CA.

Graveside Services: 11:15AM on 20 July 2011 at Riverside National Cemetery, 22495 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, CA 92518

For directions, information and guest book entries go to: http://www.saddlebackchapel.com

Condolences to address in 2010 Gold Book, page 98.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 10:53 am:  Edit

I'm very sad to hear of Dave's untimely passing. I had the pleasure of having Dave work for me in Nurnberg. He was an exceptional individual with a quick wit and engaging smile. He was a superb investigator, always eager, extremely competent and very dependable. My condolences to his family. Rest in peace my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 09:48 am:  Edit

I only worked with Dave a few times but was impressed by his genuine friendliness and total professionalism. My prayers go with Dave and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony F. McAnally (Tony_mcanally) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 09:44 am:  Edit

He was truly a great guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Blasingame (Lee_blasingame) on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 06:37 am:  Edit

What a shock and untimelty loss to our CID family. Dave was a mentor and friend to all who along with others at 2nd Region kept me out of trouble over the years. He touched so many of us and always had our back, even though we may not have known it; he will be sorely missed. Rest easy my friend and get that place ready for our next SAC meeting!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Volk (Ste3ven_volk) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 07:04 pm:  Edit

I know that Dave’s untimely death took everyone by surprise. I worked with Dave when he was SAC in Heidelberg and I was the Region Counter Terrorism Coordinator, and intimately involved in the General Kroesen assassination attempt in Heidelberg by the Red Army Faction. Dave had an engaging personality with an abundance of humor and a deep understanding of CID and its mission. Owing to these qualities Dave was often sent to appease senior staff officer at the USAREUR level to ease tension. Dave was a friend and will be missed. My sincere condolences go out to his family. May you rest in peace, my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark O'Malley (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 04:18 pm:  Edit

My prayers go out to Dave and his family. What a wonderful man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DENNISJWEST (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 04:11 pm:  Edit

I can not remember having other than great memories of Dave Sage. Met Dave, as Don Allbright and others, while I was at Bamberg and he at Nurenburg. Remember the time he went to the Scotland yard course and ended up as part of the security detail at Wimbleton! Had numerous contacts with him thru the years but he will be missed. Sad loss for the CID family but more to his family. My thoughts and regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 02:44 pm:  Edit

What sad news of Dave's passing. I have known Dave since early 1972 at Ft Lewis when I returned from Korea and had the pleasure of being assigned with him at 6th Region. Additionally, until I retired in Sep 08, I would see him almost daily at the Federal Building in Laguna Niguel, CA. I sent a note to Dave's daughter so I can be notified of any services since I live closeby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald R. Allbright (Don) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 12:03 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear of Dave's passing. Dave, as all have said, was high energy. He was also an avid tennis player and golfer. I first met Dave in Nuernberg when I started my CID career as an OJT in 1974. Dave will surely be missed. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By L Berg (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 08:44 am:  Edit

Just heard. What a shock. Dave and I were together in Germany and San Francisco. I recall that when he was SAC in Heidelberg and I was in Mannheim, we took turns getting a weekly "flogging" from COL Stem for whatever mistakes other SACs in 2nd Region might have made. COL Stem figured that we were closer and easier to touch and the word would get back to the SAC who committed the mistake of the week. Dave was always there when there when you needed help and will always be remembered as one of the best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Kessler (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 06:23 am:  Edit

Learned from Dave's daughter that he had died during his sleep and preliminary autopsy results indicate a heart attack. Dave was not sick and his death caught the family totally off guard. Dave and I served together on several assignments. He will be missed by all. His family would love to hear from all his friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 01:52 am:  Edit

Sad day for the CID Family. I knew Dave since early 70s -- Heidleberg, Germany and USA. Great sense of humor, always a joke to share!! Saddened by the news of his passing. My deepest and sincere condolences to Dave's family as they go through this troubling time. Rest in Peace old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 09:48 pm:  Edit

I saw the same post on FB. Concur with Ray -- what a loss! Dave was one of my heroes -- first met him in FRG in the early 70's and worked around him until he retired. A great American who will be missed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Somerset Jones (Somerset) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 09:45 pm:  Edit

I remember Dave from Nuernberg. I had training with him in Graf once and we were playing racquet ball and I got accidentally hit on the leg. I liked Dave because he was that kind of person.
He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 07:30 pm:  Edit

Received word on CID Facebook that Dave Sage has passed away. Info apparently came from his daughter. I have no further details at this time except to add that I am extremely sad.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: