Peter Slusar - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Peter Slusar - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Keefe (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 07:02 pm:  Edit

My father Jim,deceased in 2007, was a career CID agent. Along with the many stories about cases and friends, I heard a great deal about LTC Slusar-he was one of a handful of officers my father deeply respected and stayed in touch with. Also, as a 9 yr old dependent in France,I was given a ride(with lights and siren) in an MP sedan by then LT Slusar.He said it was okay since he just knew I'd be an MP one day. He was right-as usual.I was an MP officer from 1972 to 1978.I spoke with him a few times over the years, and it was always a pleasure. Mrs Slusar and family: Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss-he was a really good man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter_comras (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 02:47 pm:  Edit

I knew then Major "Pete" Slusar in the late 60s/early 70s) in the DC area (4th CID &, I believe later, at CID HQ). He was a great, all-around MP Officer--got along extremely well with CID.
May he rest in well-earned and deserved peace.
Peter L. Comras

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jess D Todd (Jess_todd) on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 05:31 pm:  Edit

Am sorry to hear of the passing of Pete Slusar. He was certainly one of the best Officers or the best that I served under in my twenty years. He first came to Fort Ord as EX officer of the 62d CID in about 1960 as a 1st Lt and later became CO and promoted to Captain. He made it possible for some of us old timers in grade to get promotions. He instituted a program that made it possible for at least Don Burgess and myself to make Warrant. Pete was sent to Vietnam early on as advisor to Vietnam Military Police. He was one of two known MP officers to wear the Submarine badge for WW2 service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 07:55 pm:  Edit

LTC (Ret) Peter Slusar, MPC was born on 10/29/1927. He passed away on 6/22/2011. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, 9 July 2011 at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 250 Fox Hill Rd, Hampton, VA 23669; 757-851-2838. The Parklawn-Wood Funeral Home is in charge. Additional information will be published on the Funeral Homes' web site as it becomes available. Condolences to Mrs Slusar and family at the online Guest Book: http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/DignityMemorial/guestbook.aspx?n=peter-slusar&pid=152177243.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: