Devin Snyder, RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Devin Snyder, RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 11:09 pm:  Edit

John & Russ, Glad to see your entries and I see where a lot of others have lit candles. Anyone still wishing to can go on the site http://bairdfuneralhomes.com/ but they will have to search SPC Devlin Snyder's name as it doesn't immediatedly show.
(John, can you believe it has been 41 years since Ft. Riley? God we are getting old.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 05:16 pm:  Edit

I also visited the Web site and registered my prayers for the family. So sad to see these young lives snuffed out. I know that God is paying special attention to hold and protect them. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Monday, June 20, 2011 - 04:33 pm:  Edit

I visited the website to light a candle for Sgt Snyder. An impressive, beautiful young woman, who was young enough to be my grand daughter. Visiting her site instilled strong pride within me for the young, brave warriors who now stand to confront those who would threaten our home land. To acknowledge Sgt Snyder was a real privilege and honor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 12:49 am:  Edit

Members, please read the message below which is a string originated by Padraic O'Hare, Commander, Steuben County American Legion. The message was added by Steve Martucio and the "association" is not the CIDAA but another MP association:

"I was hoping I could ask a large favor from you and the association. SPC Devin Snyder was killed with 3 other members of her unit by an IED in Afghanistan last Saturday. Devin was a member of the 164th Military Police Company, of the 793rd Military Police Battalion, part of the 3rd Maneuver Enhancement Brigade based at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.
Her remains are currently at Dover awaiting transport to her home in Cohocton, NY. Unfortunately the delay has allowed time for the Westboro Baptist Church to react and it seems they plan to attend the funeral services.
In the hopes of creating a buffer between the Westboro idiots and the family and mourners - we have the Patriot Guard and the American Legion Riders assisting, as well as tons of volunteers to present the wall of flags.
I was hoping it would be appropriate to ask our MP Vets to go onto the funeral home Guest Book and light a candle/sign the guest book at http://bairdfuneralhomes.com/
Once on the link click on Obituaries and then click on Devin Snyder.
Although nothing can offset the idiocy of the Wesboro people, in addition to the other actions we have taken, hundreds of MP's from around the world signing the Guest Book would be a huge comfort to the family."

Be safe, Carl

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: