Paul Sheridan Moses - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Paul Sheridan Moses - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Yarnall (Yarnallpi) on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 06:31 pm:  Edit

I served with Paul in the late 70s. He ran the Giessen BO and I was stationed at the Butzbach RA. We had some interesting death investigations together that I still tell friends about. RIP, Deacon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis L. Burnett (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 08:01 pm:  Edit

Paul was a great friend. I knew him only as a Dispatcher with Richland County in the 80s. Then when I started with RCSD, Paul was running the impound facility. He will be missed by a great number of people who knew him. RIP Paul, you did your time - twice. Last call for Deputy Paul Moses, 10-42.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 11:04 am:  Edit

Data provided by Carl Craig, CIDAA Forum Moderator, Columbia, SC

WEST COLUMBIA, SC— CWO (retired) Paul Sheridan Moses, 64, died January 7, 2008, after battling lung cancer.

Mr. Moses, born August 5, 1943, in Jacksonville, TX, was the son of the late Johnnie Shipper Moses and Thomas Ousley Moses Sr. He graduated high school from Carl Farley’s Boy Ranch, Texas. Following his graduation, he served his country honorably for 20 years in the United States Army, retiring in 1980, as a Chief Warrant Officer CID Agent, and decorated veteran. During his time of service, he proudly served two tours of duty during the Vietnam War as well as many years stationed abroad. For the past 25 years he has been a dedicated employee of the Richland County Sheriff Department, Columbia, SC.

Mr. Moses is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Ronella “Ronnie” Dinkins Moses of the home, five daughters, Debbie Wells of Ridgeway, SC, Angie Allmond and her husband James of Harrison, AR, Cindy Armstrong and her husband Conrad of Ridgeway, SC, Paulette Moses and Paula Moses, both of Columbia; a brother, Thomas Moses Jr. of Plano, TX; and several nieces, nephews, and cousins throughout Texas.

Memorials may be made to South Lexington Baptist Church, 116 Brevard Parkway, Lexington, SC 29073 or to the Richland County Sheriff’s Foundation, 5623 Two Notch Road, Columbia, South Carolina 29223.

Services will be conducted by Rev. Robert Jumper, will begin at 2 p.m. Saturday at South Lexington Baptist Church in Lexington, SC, with a military graveside service following at Sawney’s Creek Baptist Church in Ridgeway, SC, at 4 p.m. The Richland County Sheriff’s Department Honor Guard will also render honors.

The family will receive friends and family at Shives Funeral Home, Columbia, on Friday evening, 11 Jan 08 between 6-8 p.m.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: