Alfred L. Cummings - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Alfred L. Cummings - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alfred P. Pfordte (Alpfordte) on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 05:31 pm:  Edit

Al, my friend rest in peace. I first met Al when we were in the 2nd CID in Seoul, Korea in 1956.Not many of us from that time period left. You were outstanding in all of your endeavors. I am sure you are working for Col.Ferdinand Kelly again in a responsible position. And most of all you are reunited with your beloved Rita. My deepest condolence to Al's family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Blazy (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 10:47 am:  Edit

Iím terribly saddened to hear of Mr. Cummings passing. He was a dear friend to my father, Lou Blazy, (USA Ret.) and me. My father and Mr. Cummings served together in the 4th / 5th CID, Ft. Myers, VA. When I retired as a Federal agent, Mr. Cummings was one of the first to greet me. He was also instrumental in helping me create a military shadow box for my father. He was a terrific patriot and individual. God Bless him. Mark Blazy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 02:01 pm:  Edit

"Al" died on 5 December 2007 at his home in Alexandria, VA at age 82. He was predeceased by his wife Rita A Cummings who passed away on 29 August 1990. Among the survivors are a daughter, Deborah "Debbie" L Cummings-Stanley. Al was born in Mt Hope, WV and lived in Charleston, WV until he left home at 16 years of age to support his family. He enlisted in the Seabees in April 1943 and was a member of the 549th CBMU. He was separated as a SF 2/C in March 1946. He enlisted in the U S Army in November 1948 and retired in August 1969 with the rank of CW3. Al was then employed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP), Washington, DC as a Security Manager. He retired from the BEP in 1984 with a total of 39 years of U S government service. During his military career, he served in the South Pacific during World War II, and in Germany, France, Korea, Japan, Okinawa and the United States. He graduated with a BS degree from the University of Maryland in 1965. Al was a Master Mason, and belonged to Arlington Centennial-Glebe 81 A F and A M, Alexandria Scottish Rite and Kena Temple. Al was also a member of the CID Agents Association, the Fraternal Order of Police, the National Rifle Association and the American Legion. He was a Plumber and Pipe Fitter in the Seabees, and a Criminal Investigator, Polygraph Examiner, Operations Officer and provided personal security to three Secretaries of Defense and other dignitaries during his army career. Al took thousands of photographs at Arlington National Cemetery. Many of them are on loan to the Cemetery and are located in the visitor's center. His photographs of the headstones of Medal Of Honor Recipients are on the website
http://www.homeofheros.com/gravesites/arlington/0_arlington.html

Services will be held at the Old Post Chapel, Fort Myer, VA on Wednesday, 13 February 2008, at 11: AM Burial with Full Military Honors will follow at the Arlington National Cemetery. Everly Wheatley Funeral Home is in charge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 01:40 pm:  Edit

CWO (retired) Cummings, resident of Alexandria, VA, passed away on 5 December 2007. Al was a long time member of the CIDAA and frequent reunion attendee until his health deteriorated a few years ago. Al provided an invaluable service even then by maintaining a web site and list of CID/MPC personnel buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: