Joseph J. Unruh (son of Jerry Unruh) - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Joseph J. Unruh (son of Jerry Unruh) - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terence P. O'Donnell (Od_odonnell) on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 07:06 pm:  Edit

Jerry, I was very sorry to hear of your loss. I can think of no words that will mean anything at a time like this other than to say our prayers are with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally Marchant (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 07:07 pm:  Edit

Jerry and Family,

It is with sadness that I write this short note concerning the passing of your son, Joe. He was an American hero and a great, great son. Jean and I join you, your family, and friends in prayer for Joe. May God continue to bless young men and women, just like Joe, who make parents like the Unruhs proud and Americans like me safe.

Wally and Jean Marchant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick E. Coffey (Pcoffey) on Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 04:33 pm:  Edit

Jerry, I just want to say how sorry I am to hear about your terrible loss. As I have sons myself, I could not imagine where I would get the strength. You are in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Vitale (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 07:38 am:  Edit

Jerry, The condolences of the Vitale Family. There are no words to soften the loss of a child. Our best wishes for you and your wife, and our prayers.

Ralph and Kim Vitale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Brauner (Bob) on Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 09:12 am:  Edit

Jerry. Our deepest sympathy and our prayers and condolences are with you and your family.

He has risen indeed!

Bob and Beth Brauner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 02:46 am:  Edit

Jerry,even though we only knew one another in passing I felt I should express my sincere condolences on the loss of Joseph.

Tula and I will say a special prayer at midnight Mass, Christmas.

Dannie & Tula Taylor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CW4 VDR Babe McClain (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 03:27 pm:  Edit

Mr Unruh, You and your family have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your son. Your son will always be alive in your hearts, mind and soul until you see him again in heaven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew J. Smith (Andy_smith) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 06:36 pm:  Edit

Jerry, words fail to express my sincerest feelings for your terrible loss. Doris and I grieve with and for you. We lost our youngest son in an automobile accident in 1984. We still feel his loss especially at this time of year when family is gathered for Christmas. Others have stated it better but none is better than knowing he knew God and is in His hands. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lowell Berg (Lowell) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 01:02 pm:  Edit

Jerry
So terribly sorry to hear of your loss. The CID Family is behind you all the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 07:49 am:  Edit

Jerry, we are all so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in prayers. God Bless. John and Crew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R Moran, Jr. (Jrmoranjr) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 06:29 am:  Edit

Jerry, I am very sorry for your terrible loss. God bless you and your family. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 07:15 pm:  Edit

Jerry, old friend, I was totally floored when I signed on here today and read about your tragic loss. Our brother Dan WHITE more or less said it all. Just be thankful that you had him with you for that brief period, and ESPECIALLY thankful that he knew the Lord as his Savior. Be peaceful in your knowledge that Joe is where we all hope to be, in the future. Sorry I missed the funeral. If there is anything at all that Jo Ann and I can do to assist you and yours in any way, all you have to do is call.
Know that you are in our prayers. May God bless you and your family.
Jim Boyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 04:10 pm:  Edit

Dear CID Family,

Im sitting at the airport in Huntsville, Alabama waiting for my flight to go back to Virginia. Joes funeral was a celebration of his life and I was deeply moved by what his pastor and friends had to say about his last year of life on this earth. Although I will grieve over his loss for some time to come, I was uplifted and strengthened by his service. The Navy truly takes care of its own and he was sent home with full military honors hard to hold the tears back when I hear taps at retreat, let alone my sons funeral now that I am almost grown up and all! I just want to thank each of you who wrote notes on the posting, emailed me, telephoned, and even one of our CID family (LaRue) who showed up at visitation. Each of you helped me to deal with the loss of my son and your kind words, thoughts, and prayers were a true source of strength and comfort thank you all very much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 10:46 am:  Edit

Jerry -- Although we have communicated privately, I wish to join in with the strength of our CID Family and let you know we are thinking of you and your family, and we have you in our thoughts and prayers in this troubling time. Joe is with you in your heart where he will always remain until that one day when you are reunited! My deepest condolences my friend. Minute, hour, day at a time, be strong and know that Joe is with you, and in a better place now with no suffering or pain.
Your friend -- Dan White

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaRue Caraway (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 07:04 pm:  Edit

My prayers are with you. I first met you in Berlin GE 85 and the friendship is forever. May the comfort of the Holy Spirit rest upon your families' shoulders to provide comfort and peace. I will make every effort to make it to the Peck Funeral Home tonight. God keep you. ~~ LaRue Caraway, SA-Ret

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl_Bandy (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 12:58 pm:  Edit

Jerry,
Paige and I also express our deepest condolences to you and your family. God Bless you all and give you the added strength necessary to get through this suffering. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard D. Shook (Richshook) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 04:05 pm:  Edit

Jerry, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I feel your grief. I had a similar experience in January 2007 when my 37 year-old daughter passed away. Children should never preceed their parents in death. God bless.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Q. Allgood (Chuckoig) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 03:38 pm:  Edit

Jerry,

I am very saddened to hear about the untimely passing of your son. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I am sure that your son is resting in peace with the Lord in Heaven. One day you will reunite with him again in a place where there is no suffering.

Your Berliner Friend,
Chuck Allgood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By OJ Sheppard (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 09:15 am:  Edit

Dear Jerry,
My deepest sympathy in the loss of your son. It is truly undescribeable how the good pass early and bad get to hang around. I met you briefly in Berlin when I was with Seckenheim District. No family should suffer such a loss of a loved one ever. May god be with you and your family. Joseph may have lost the battle, but I feel that he is in a much better place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis J. West (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 01:40 pm:  Edit

Jerry and Family,
Just wanted you to know that your sorrow is deeply felt. In time those wonderful memories of your son will surface and bring back moments of joy, smiles to your face but with a swelling of the heart. Keep him warm and safe there. From an ole friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Wright (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 06:46 pm:  Edit

Jerry: My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. It is always difficult when the children go before us. May he rest in peace.

Don and G.G.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 02:46 pm:  Edit

Jerry, My condolences. I know my words will offer little comfort at a time like this. You are experiencing what no parent should.

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John (Jack) Leavitt (Jack_leavitt) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 10:23 am:  Edit

My heart and soul go out to you. I've lost a daughter many years ago and she is always in my thoughts. Your family will be in our continued prayers. May God go with you in your journey. Remember he never puts anything on you he knowns you can not handle. You are always and will continue to be in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth J. Zawodny Jr. (Zawodny) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 07:09 am:  Edit

Jerry; Your loss is indescribable. Such an untimely loss for a man in his prime. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Ken Z.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jimmy Padgett (Padgettj) on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 05:55 am:  Edit

Jerry,
I can not image a more painful experience than to lose a child. I feel sorrow beyond words. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your friend for more than 38 years, Jim Padgett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hubert Marlow (Herb_marlow) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 07:35 pm:  Edit

Dear Jerry and family, it is with sadness that I read of your loss. The big comfort comes from your own words, that your son knew the Lord, so you will see him again. My condolence to you and your family, Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Arthur (Ken_arthur) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 11:58 am:  Edit

Jerry, Having gone through the same type loss many years ago with my son Jeff, I just had to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Two old friends from the Berlin days,
Ken & Lynne Arthur

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 08:27 am:  Edit

Jerry - such a loss with Joe's passing. I didn't know him, but it's so evident from the other postings that he brought such joy and love to those who do know him. I pray that your love and pride in him will continue to sustain you all during this time of grief. That your memories of him will continue to enrich your heart with joy and pride. God Bless you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Baker (Bobb49) on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 12:56 am:  Edit

Dear Jerry
I am so saddened by the untimely passing of your beloved son. I am sure in this time of grief you and your family will find comfort in your faith and the prayers and thoughts of your friends. God bless and care for all of you.

Bob Baker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 10:33 pm:  Edit

Although I have communicated privately to Jerry, I want to take this opportunity to tell our brothers and sisters what a fine young man Joe was. When Joe was a pre-teen at Fort Rucker, he won my heart with his interest and ambition of becoming a Forensic Scientist/Pathologist. He was exceptionally brilliant, inquisitive, studious, personable, and intense. He was indeed a joy. While I know not why he was called in the prime of his life, Joe added much to my life and I am proud to have known him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 09:58 pm:  Edit

Dear Jerry,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family upon the passing of your dear son. As you indicate, he is in a much, much better place now where there is no suffering, but only good things. I am so sorry for your loss. May God continue to be with you, Joseph and all loved ones. ~~Chuck McNichols

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 04:51 pm:  Edit

Dear Friends,

I just wanted to share my grief with you. Many of you have been my family and friends for more than forty years. My son, Joseph John Unruh, 26 years old, passed away this morning after a one-year battle with cancer. He was born in Watertown, NY on Mar 16, 1981 and he died in the arms of his loving wife, Valoire, on Dec 15, 2007, in Hartselle, Alabama. He was still on active duty with the US Navy at the time of his death. He also served as a member of the Alabama Army National Guard. He graduated from Jacksonville, Alabama High School. He faced many challenges in his short life here on earth and he met and overcame each as it surfaced. He faced his diagnosis of Stage IV cancer with courage and tenacity. He was a child of God, and I know that he is now in Heaven with his Heavenly Father. He was born while I was assigned to Fort Drum, NY and accompanied me to CID assignments in Berlin, Germany, Fort Rucker, Alabama, 3d MP Group in Atlanta GA (twice), Fort McClellan, Alabama, and Fort Campbell, Kentucky. He was a great son and a wonderful young man I love him very much and Ill miss him! He will be buried in Hartselle, Alabama next week. It comforts me to share this with my CID family and to know that he is in a better place now where I will see him again one day.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: