Rolf N. Jones - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Rolf N. Jones - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Devaney (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 03:21 am:  Edit

In 1958 - 59 Rolf and I were with the Big Red One at Fort Riley, KS. Our boss was SFC Leigh P. Hopp and he was a trip. Rolf was from the UK and both of us were SSGs working the desk and usually relieving each other. I always respected him and learned a lot from him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 01:26 pm:  Edit

If memory serves, I met Rolf while I was assigned to the infamous 2nd CID in Soul, Korea (circa 1966/'67). I did not know him that well as I was the new kid on the block (new to the CID, etc), but as I recall, he was an experienced agent who was well respected and liked by all. Rest in peace Mr. Jones. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Delbert S. Buttman (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 09:59 pm:  Edit

I did not meet Rolf until after he retired. He was selling insurance and he was teaching at CTC. I had a good amount of contact with him in fact I had him in my home at one time. He used to tell me some of the situations he would get into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Delbert S. Buttman (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 09:10 am:  Edit

I did not serve on active duty with Rolf but I met him after he retired. I will remember him and pray for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 05:29 pm:  Edit

I remember Rolf. He was a polygraph examiner at Ft Hood when I was working at the Field Office as a MPI augmentee, pending my CID application. He encouraged me to get my college credits together so I could better qualify as a CID WO. He never doubted I would be accepted as a CID SA, nor that I would make a good WO. He was an inspiration with his encouragement. I had a good career and met those objectives he set for me. Rest in Peace, Rolf. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 04:15 pm:  Edit

Rolf was the polygraph examiner at Fort Hood when I arrived in 1976. He was a great mentor and he will be missed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bish8726 (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 10:28 am:  Edit

Rolf was definately ONE OF A KIND. I will always remember him as one of my favorites. When I was his Ops Officer, no matter what I even suggested to him he would do; I believe if I had told him I wanted a pink elephant, he would have produced it someway.Rolf had dropped out of the CIDAA due to health reasons, but he loved the CID and will be greatly missed by all who knew him, especially me-- Rest in Peace My Friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 08:51 am:  Edit

Graveside services with full military honors for retired CW3 Rolf N Jones, 80, of Kempner will be at 1 PM Tuesday, 11 December 2007, at the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery with the Rev David Schaffer of the For Who So Ever Will Church officiating.

Rolf was born 13 September 1927, in Buenos Ares, Argentina, to Arthur and Helga Jones. He retired from the US Army after 27 years. Following retirement, he worked at Central Texas College as a criminal justice instructor. Rolf was a resident of Copperas Cove, TX, since 1970. He was a member of VFW Post 8577 and American Legion Post 582 of Copperas Cove. He was a member of the Who So Ever Will Church in Kempner.

He was preceded in death by his first wife, Norma Jones, parents, Arthur and Helga Jones, and a brother, Clifford Jones. He is survived by his wife, Anna Maria (Seiler) Jones of Kempner; three daughters, Gail Crump of Arizona, Debby Holland of Lancaster and Ann Gilbert of Copperas Cove; a stepdaughter, Helann Evans of Huntsville, AL; two stepsons, Paul Seiler and Mike Seiler, both of Belton; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. The Jones family will receive guests for visitation from 6 to 8 PM Monday, 10 December, at Crawford-Bowers Funeral Home in Copperas Cove. Family and guests will depart at 1215 PM in procession from Crawford-Bowers Funeral home in Copperas Cove to the cemetery. The family suggests that memorial contributions be made to the American Diabetes Association, Austin Office, 2499 Capital of Texas Highway South, Building A, #105, Austin, TX 78746. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.mem.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 08:35 am:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Rolf N Jones, age 80, passed away in a Copperas Cove nursing home on 7 December 2007. Mr Jones had been in bad health for the past several years. Crawford Bowers Funeral Home in Copperas Cove is in charge. Additional information will be posted if and when it becomes available. (Thanks to Dwight Bishop and John Petersen)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Wright (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 02:16 pm:  Edit

The below information was in the Killeen Daily Herald today. If any more information develops I will let you know. Rolf was a CID Polygraph examiner.

DON WRIGHT

Services for Rolf N. Jones, 80, of Kempner, are pending with Crawford-Bowers Funeral Home in Copperas Cove.

He died Dec. 7, 2007, in a Copperas Cove nursing home

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: