Gerald G. Gray - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Gerald G. Gray - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 07:49 pm:  Edit

CW2 (Retired) Gerald G "Jerry" Gray of Evans, GA, whose obituary was first entered on this website on 26 April 2011 (see below) IS NOT the Gerry Gray who served in Korea in 1965-66. He retired on 1 May 1970 at Ft Gordon, GA. As noted in the original entry, Mr Gray's services were to be held at a later date. His services are now scheduled for Thursday, 16 June 2011, at 11:AM in the Columbia Road Chapel of Elliott Sons Funeral Home, Martinez, GA. Sign the guestbook at AugustaChronicle.com/obits

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Viana (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, June 10, 2011 - 12:42 pm:  Edit

Served with Jerry Gray in the 2d CID between 64-65. He was one of the foundering members of the "Mickey Moose Club". A fine person and wonderful friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 12:49 pm:  Edit

You all seem to want to talk about a different Jerry Gray. The one referred to here in the original TAPs entry retired as a CW2. He made his home in Evans, GA, near Augusta, while stationed at Det D, 3d MP Group (CI) at Ft Gordon in the late 1960s or early 1970s and remained In Evans after retiring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaRue Caraway (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 03:21 pm:  Edit

I served under a "CW5 Jerry Gray" but he lives (I think) in Lee's Summit, MO. I believe he is still there to my knowledge, haven't had contact in many years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 08:56 am:  Edit

There's a different Gray, with a different middle initial, Gerald O Gray. He passed away 3/22/1999. I don't know what his rank was. He could be the one who retired as an E7.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Moody (Rob) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 06:59 am:  Edit

Pat, I could be wrong but I think the Jerry Gray with the 2d in 65-66 retired as an E-7. I was with the 523d in 66 and the Jerry Gray I refer to was with the 2d then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 02:31 pm:  Edit

I believe I was with Gerry Gray with the 2nd CID in Seoul during 65! Nice man. May he rest in peace and God look after his family members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 12:48 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Gerald G "Jerry" Gray, of Evans, Georgia passed away Friday 22 April 2011. Jerry graduated from the University of Missouri with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. He retired out of what was Detachment D, 3d MP Group (CID) Ft Gordon and made Augusta his home. He later worked for the Department of Revenue and 1st Realty Group in Augusta. Due to his love for Golf, Augusta was the ideal city for him to make his home. Mr Gray was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Ida Cora Campbell Gray. He is survived by his sister, Carol Poteat of Jefferson City, MO; and two nieces, Cappie Blackwell of Owensville, MO and Laura Poteat of Dallas, TX. Services will be held at a later date.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: