Robert "Bob" Tucker - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Robert "Bob" Tucker - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 07:23 pm:  Edit

Rest in Peace Bob you were a good friend.
Dick Stoyko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John M. Clark (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 12, 2010 - 01:57 pm:  Edit

I was assigned to the 2nd CID at Yongsan, Korea while Bob was there in '68 and '69. Besides his being a top-notch investigator, I think a couple of Bob's most outstanding assets were his keen sense of humor and his calm nature. I was his "case reviewer" during that period, and we had our share of differences, but we always got along well, both professionally and socially. Bob was a member of the IG inspection team that visited Fort Campbell during my last assignment during '77-'79. Bob was both fair and professional in his work then, just as he was in Korea. I've thought of Bob often, and quite fondly, over the years, and was pleasantly surprised to meet up and visit with him again at the Orlando CIDAA meeting not too long before his passing. Of course, I never knew Bob's family, although he did introduce me to his lovely wife in Orlando, but from what I've read in these postings, Bob was as good at being a husband and father as he was as a CID Agent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By derek tucker (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:08 am:  Edit

On 16 Jan 08, Robert (Bob) H. Tucker was laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery. He was interned in section 64, grave 5473.
As a young MP he was stationed at Ft Myer, where he met the love of his life.
Later, after being accepted to the CID, he was once again stationed at Ft Myer, were he retired.
He loved the military and wanted to be laid to rest at the location that meant so much to him.

RIP, Dad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william f ivory (B_ivory) on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 08:50 pm:  Edit

I just learned of Bobs passing. He is in good company now with Pete Kearns and so many others. Barbara,,My heart goes out to you. I love you both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Ballano (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 07:30 pm:  Edit

Heartfelt condolences to Barbara. Bob, Barbara, my wife Ingrid and I played many hands of canasta when we were at Ft Benning, GA in 66-67.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 02:23 pm:  Edit

I had the honor and privilege of knowing and working with Bob briefly while assigned to the USACIDC in the very early seventies...we both pulled duty in Case Review. We had lots of laughs during that short period of time. Regretably, from my perspective, we did not become close friends...a shortcoming I often thought about over the years, especially now with his passing. I was looking forward to seeing Bob in Las Vegas next year in hopes of re-living our "days of old". We exchanged emails recently about next years meeting. "My apologies Bob for not being the friend I could have been and should have been". May you rest in peace. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 01:06 pm:  Edit

Rest in Peace Bob. Bob and I go back to 1965 in France under the great Sully de Fontaine. Bob and I were nip and tuck for promotions and we both made WO from the same WO Board. Bob was a great guy, SA and friend and had a great sense of humor. To Barbara and Bob's family, we lost a special person.

My heartfelt sympathy to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 11:49 am:  Edit

I too am saddened to learn of Bob's passing. I was accepted into the CID in 1969 at the 4th MP Det (CI) Ft Myer, VA. The CID Office at Walter Reed fell under the 4th and Bob Tucker was the SAC at Walter Reed with Dannie Taylor and "Fast" Eddie Stress. We often worked investigations together and I had occasions to work under the watchful and mentoring eye of Bob Tucker. He always explained how "things" were done and took the time to really teach, by example. The two offices had frequent meetings together which were normally called and hosted initially by Ops James Triano and later Ops Andre C. R. "Flip" Feyer. Good times by all during our office get togethers and many parties. Bob always had a friendly face and smile, really showed that he cared about people. We've lost one of our great Agents who helped carve the way for many...me included. Thank you Chief. Rest in Peace now!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 01:07 am:  Edit

It is with great sadness that I learn of Bob's passing. I was assigned with him and Eddie Stress at Walter Reed. We had some great times together and Bob was a great guy to work for. Eddie and I were working a complex case on the WAC Detachment at Forest Glen and Bob took up the slack on the other cases so we could be free to do our surveillances.
The last time I saw Bob was at the CIDAA picnic in San Antonio in 1992.
I was really excited to learn the meeting will be in Las Vegas this year and I will be close enough to attend (I live in Phoenix). I was really looking forward to seeing Bob and Eddie again.

Barbara, Tula and I extend our sympathy and share in your loss. God Bless You and you’re Family.

Dannie & Tula

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Ferraro (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 12:49 pm:  Edit

Another one of the good ones has left us. I knew Bob for some time and we worked together in Paris on a TDY mission, where Bob investigated a missing skeltion from the Paris High School. Bob had a great sense of humor and was a pleasure to ber around. I remember that we took the day off to go and see the Bastille Day parade in Paris. Rest in Peace Bob. You will be missed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By derek tucker (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 11:54 pm:  Edit

We had a great service/viewing for my Dad today. He looked wonderful and all his family was there for him. That is what was important to him.
Thank you again to all that have served with him. The CID has always been in his heart and in is soul. Dad was dressed in his dress blues along with a copy of his creds in his hands. He will be burried in Arlington in Jan. Dad was a true patriot and was my Hero.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By edward j stress (Estresscoxnet) on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 02:37 am:  Edit

Irmgard and I have known Bob and Barbara Tucker for over 35 years. We have gone on vacations to Europe with Bob and Barbara and we all had a great time together. I was shocked when I received a phone call from Barbara on 20 November,informing me that Bob has passed away. I met Bob in 1968 at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and I really enjoyed working for him as a CID Agent. Bob was the type of person that you could really trust and he would always back up his Agents that were working for him. I will miss Bob very much, he was a good friend. Bob will be greatly missed by my wife and me, The CIDAA and his wonderful wife and family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 03:16 pm:  Edit

Robert Hall Tucker Sr, CW2, US Army (Ret.), peacefully went to rest November 20, 2007, a month past his 71st birthday. The son of Lyman and Helen Tucker was born October 20, 1936 in Norwalk, Conn, entered the US Army in 1953, served proudly as a military policeman and eventually became a member of the Criminal Investigation Command. A Vietnam veteran, he also had tours of duty in Germany, France, Belgium and Korea, as well as numerous stateside assignments during his Army career. After retirement from the Army, he started his second career with the State of New York, retiring in 1998. Bob met the love of his life and soul mate, Barbara Wuorio in Washington, DC on a blind date and, a month and a day later, they were wed on April 13, 1961. Together, they raised four marvelous children and are now blessed with eight precious grandchildren. A member of Pinehaven Country Club for over 20 years, Bob greatly enjoyed the game of golf and the many marvelous friends he made there. Also a member of the CIDAA, a highlight was attending the annual reunions held throughout the US and swapping "war stories" with his fellow Army agents. But his greatest joy in life was having family gatherings and traveling in Europe with close friends. Survived by his wife Barbara; daughter, Wendy (Bob Tabor), her children, Brandi and Renee; son, Bob Jr. (Susan Heim), their children, Jeremy, Kristina, Andrew and Cheryl; son, Kenneth (Honora) and son, Derek (Renate) and their daughters, Diane and Brianna. Further survived by his mother, Helen (Kubicki) Tucker; sisters, Susan and Judy; and brother, Fred; he was predeceased by his father, Lyman; sister, Ann Sprague; and brother, William Tucker. The family greatly appreciate the assistance of everyone at Community Hospice of Schenectady and especially heartfelt thanks to Jan, JoAnn and Bob for making his last wish come true. DeMarco-Stone Funeral Home, 5216 Western Tpk, Guilderland, NY is in charge. Burial will be held January 16, 2008 at 1: PM in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA. In lieu of flowers, contributions to Community Hospice of Schenectady, 1101 Union St, Schenectady, NY or to the American Cancer Society, 260 Osborne Rd, Loudonville, NY would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bish8726 (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 08:33 pm:  Edit

Was shocked to learn tht Bob had departed from us. I never worked with him, but met him several years ago at one of the CIDAA functions. He and I served on the Board and we formed a very close relationship. Bob will be greatly missed by me, The CIDAA and especially his wonderful wife Barbara-- RIP MY Friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 01:12 pm:  Edit

I just got off the phone with Barb Tucker. I'm at a loss for words. The funeral (with full honors) will be at Arlington National Cemetery on 16 Jan 08. I'll provide more info when it becomes available. May God bless and comfort her and the family. RIP Bob. Save a seat between you and St. Peter for me at the pinochle table.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 10:29 am:  Edit

I never served with Bob, but knew him through CIDAA, as a good and caring man. My sympathies go to Barbara and family. Bob, may you rest in peace! Also heard that Andy Smith is in hospital again, and needs our prayers. Remember also to include Dick and Rosemary Slisz in those prayers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 06:38 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Robert H Tucker waged a valiant battle with cancer but lost the battle on 20 November 2007. Bob suffered multiple cancers starting with prostate from which he went into remission about two years ago. More recently, he had been diagnosed with lung cancer and malignant brain tumors. Please send condolences to his wife, Barbara, and family at the address on page 143 of your Gold Books. (Thanks to Ed Stress)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By derek tucker (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 10:22 am:  Edit

To all who have had the pleasure of knowing my DAD, please know that his battle with cancer is on the bad side. Chemotherapy has been stopped as he has developed sores in his mouth and throat. He is now under care of hospice. He is deteriorating rapidly. I do know that the only 2 things he truly loved was his family and the CID.
I am his youngest son. He has always been my hero.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: