James W. Keefe - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): James W. Keefe - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick_slisz (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 04:59 am:  Edit

When I arrived in Korea in 1964 Jim was the Chief of CID, 1st Cav. Div. He was the first Chief I really had after completing the basic course. He was a great leader, with an outstanding sense of Irish humor. My sincerest condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 06:04 pm:  Edit

On November 5, 2007 CPT James W Keefe who served as the Chief of CID with the 545th MP Company in Korea passed away in his sleep. His wife and son inform me that he passed peacefully and that he had just spoken of his friends and buddy's in the 545th MP Company who he remembered fondly the previous day. He will be missed by all. As he joins that MP Regiment in the sky we will send our thoughts prayers for Jim's soul and also to his loving family. I will have information on the funeral in the next 24 hours for those who would like to attend - and there will be many who do as he was greatly respected and loved by all. (Added note: CPT Keefe served in the Warrant Officer Corps prior to being Commissioned.) (Info passed on from Sam Reinert, 545th MP Assoc to Larry Drayton. Thanks to both.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 11:44 am:  Edit

Richard Thibeau received a phone call from the son of James W Keefe reporting that James died in his sleep yesterday, 11/5/2007. The son was making notifications to verify that this time the report of Keefe's death is accurate as they got a big kick out of the erroneous report a few months back.

Note from Mickey: Please send condolences to the family at the address on page 72 of your Gold Books. Also, there was a James Keefe already listed in the "obit list". That James Keefe, non-member, passed away in the 1990s thus the "erroneous" entry was correct at the time.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: