Small world

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Small world
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William E. Daniel (Wdan) on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 09:38 am:  Edit

One of the things I loved about the military is how small the world is. I've had the pleasure of running into old colleagues in the strangest places. I once ran into a guy whom I was stationed with in my pre-CID days, of all places, in Ramstein terminal waiting to go to Bosnia.

Bill Daniel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne H. Franklin (Wfrank56) on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 08:33 pm:  Edit

I happened to stop into a small town police department today in rural Maine while doing a background check as part of my BI work. A fellow walked in and asked to speak with the Chief of Police who was from this fellow's home town in Maryland. I heard him say his name was Jerry Cota. My ears perked because I recognized that name. I asked him if he had ever been in the Army, yes, CID, yes, and then we put it together that we were assigned together 23 years ago for about three months at Fort Devens, MA. He was vacationing in Maine from Maryland. We chatted for while and I went on my way. Small world.

Wayne H. Franklin

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: