St. Patrick's Day

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): St. Patrick's Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By raulxnm (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 10:30 pm:  Edit

My full name is Raul X Ruiz-Rooney (CI 1 - 81),
I flew to Chicago on March 17 to visit Dad. Wore green on the plane. Got home, picked up Dad and went to Dempsey's Bar/Restaurant on the south side of Chicago. Dad had a shot of fine Irish whiskey. I drank cranberry juice. We toast to a Happy Saint Patrick's Day. It was great to see my Dad, Mr. Bernard Rooney.

Cheers. Raul X. Ruiz Rooney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Moore (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 07:25 am:  Edit

Hi Ron. It's Mike Moore in Richmond. Hope you are doing well. Still in WI? I've got a buddy (retired SA) working for the state in Madison. It is (or maybe I should say was) one of those Union jobs that the Governor took aim at. Now my Pop always claimed we were Irish but trying to trace his family tree leads no where other than where he was born - an area on the Eastern Kentucky, Tennessee and W. Virginia border known as Appalachia. Now the true Irishman is my father-in-law. Youngest of 13 children born and bred on a potato farm in County Limerick, not far from Tipperary. Makes you want to start singing songs, doesn't it? Anyway the wife is always talking about taking me back and going down into the family crypt, but I think I'll pass on that. Sounds about as dangerous as teaching her how to shoot a gun. Take care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:59 am:  Edit

How did I miss this? "Up the Irish" Yes Weisenfluh, but 3/4 Irish (O'Malley, Walsh & Walsh). Of all the places I've wanted to go and never got to Ireland is at the top of my list. Really John a DODIG Fraud Conference in Dublin? No one ever looked hard at that? Naa Joel was there too.

Doing my requisite genealogy research and have reached the point where I'm going to have to cross the pond (some day). Family Lore has my 13th Great Grandmother a Pirate Queen, Grace O'Malley.

Dated a lovely Irish lass with the sweetest hint of an accent. What am I doing in the office I just talked myself into packing.

A belated Happy St Paddy's Day and a Green Beer to you all! Suas an Lads na hÉireann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald R. Seekins (Rseekins) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 01:33 pm:  Edit

I have some Scots-Irish in my ancestry. My father loved Irish tenors and had several vinyl recordings. Like Dick Greaves I also landed in Ireland on my way to Germany in 1967. Would like to go back and visit sometime. Proud to wear the green!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard D. Shook (Richshook) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 09:16 am:  Edit

I do believe I also have some Scotch and Irish blood. One of my granfathers was a McKinley and my grandmother was a Newell. Haven't done a very good job researching ancestry!
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 07:03 pm:  Edit

Joel Leson and I were in Dublin, at a DODIG Fraud Conference. A lot of old timers, like Dick Fritz attended. Was at a hotel that was noted as having the largest Bar in Dublin at the time. We tried, but could not drink it Dry. Good Memories. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 01:14 pm:  Edit

I don't think often of Brian Jerram, but when I do, I miss him - like some of you have mentioned. There are others, some past on and some just hadn't seen since too long ago, that I miss that way. The bunch of you would fall into that arena if not for this website and CIDAA. It is good to know all of you are there and handy if needed. Just want to mention how important all of you are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken_minton (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 07:18 pm:  Edit

Brian Jerram was a great agent and a friend. He is missed. Last time I saw Brian was at a CIDAA meeting, I think in New Orleans. It's another reason to attend our annual functions. It's a chance to see old friends and comrades. Erin Go Bragh Brian, from the son of English woman to a son of Eire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 05:44 pm:  Edit

Well, I had about two hours at the Shannon airport, a PVT fresh out of MP School, enroute to Germany on a Capitol Airways DC-6, after taking off from McGuire, and with a another fuel stop at Gander. Never forgot the beautiful green countryside on approach and takeoff. The 22 hour flight was better than being on the USNS Rose, Upshur, or Patch!

As an aside, the late SA Brian Patrick Jerram told me his parents immigrated from Ireland, and his dad lived in the Azores, working on laying the trans-Atlantic telephone cable. Brian is another good young man gone too soon.
....And a pint to y'all, Dick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 04:38 am:  Edit

I had a couple of shots of good old irish whiskey once upon a time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 42ndcsm (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 08:33 am:  Edit

I was in Ireland, Northern and Southern, as lead security agent with the Secretary of Commerce and Congressional delegation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LON W. HARRELL (Lon_harrell) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:22 pm:  Edit

My ancestors are Scots-Irish. The Harrell family emerged from the northern border of England, an area interfacing with lowland Scotland, border lands...from there some moved to Northern Ireland and later to the Carolinas. The Civil War caused many to move west. I have some Cherokee blood. It appears as if many members of the Harrell family were involved in some sort of war for the last 300 years... The fighting Irish just keeps on fighting...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 08:34 pm:  Edit

There are a few Irishmen in CIDAA but haven't responded. maybe too much celebrating. My Dad emigrated from Ireland in 1923 and Mom was also Irish. Fitzpatrick will eventually get his message added, but Liam doesn't write much here. I had a nice card from he and Cindy.
A belated St Pat's wish to all!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J E Buck Ballow (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 01:40 pm:  Edit

And a happy St. Patrick's day to Liam Loughran, a true Irishman. Miss his daily lectures on Irish History in the office as we were about to close for the day on the Rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 09:43 pm:  Edit

I dated a girl from Dublin once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 03:03 pm:  Edit

I was in Dublin one time on a PSD mission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 42ndcsm (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 09:53 am:  Edit

My grandfather was from Dublin and my grandmother was from Darry.
Have a great Irish Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Yarnall (Yarnallpi) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 12:14 pm:  Edit

Paul, St. Patrick was from Italy!!! He was kidnapped and brought to Ireland as a child as a slave...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 11:47 am:  Edit

My paternal grandpa was Cherokee. All the rest is a diverse Heinz 57. Bound to be a lucky Irishman in there somewhere! Happy St. Pat's Day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul J Esposito (Pjespo) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 09:36 am:  Edit

My grandmother and grandfather were from Florence Italy. That's about as close to Irish as I can get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Yarnall (Yarnallpi) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 07:44 am:  Edit

What's your Irish ancestory? My grandmother was a Kilroy from County Mayo and my grandfather, a Murphy from County Cork. Can't get more Irish than that....Happy St. Patrick's Day to all..

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: