Vanity Fair Feb 2019 Anti-CID article

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Vanity Fair Feb 2019 Anti-CID article
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 09:49 am:  Edit

Hi Jim,

I haven't read the article or heard about the case, but it's nice to see you posting. I know that psychological autopsies were becoming the norm for suicide investigations when I retired I 1989. We had a couple cases of soldiers turning their weapons on themselves and parents invariably refused to accept the results of the investigations.

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Vandiver (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 09:44 pm:  Edit

Ten page article in Feb 2019 "Vanity Fair" magazine, "Along the Watchtower," describes a death case in Afghanistan that was called a suicide, but really takes CID to task over a poor investigation. First I've heard of the case or taking CID to task. I retired in 84 and understand the situation is difficult, but am sorry to see us criticized in this way. Anyone have anything they can add.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: