Appeal

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Appeal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 04:32 am:  Edit

Our prayers continue with a few extras during the surgery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan E. Stein (Allans35) on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 03:56 pm:  Edit

Bryson has finished his respite of treatments for his cancer, except for physical therapy, but tomorrow, he will undergo surgery in Seattle to remove the cancer from his knee. On Tuesday, he had a number of tests including an MRI and an xray. They concluded that his tumor has shrunk slightly, but there is a spot on his lung. (In this type of cancer, if it is going to spread, it will go to the lung.) The doctors decided that they would keep an eye on the spot, but would go ahead with the surgery. They also said the surgery would take a little longer than they had previously anticipated.
My grandson's name is Bryson Stein and he is 13 years old. I humbly request that all those that read this update will pray for the surgeons to successfully perform the surgery, for the healing of Bryson, and for comfort for Craig and Angie while they await the completion of the surgery and their son's recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan E. Stein (Allans35) on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:40 pm:  Edit

Yesterday, Bryson Stein had his last radiation treatment. As soon as he finished, he and his mom, Angela, left Seattle to travel back to Asotin, WA, and resume their life as a family again. He is scheduled to return to the Hospital in Seattle on November 28th for imaging and other tests, followed on a November 30th date with a surgeon to remove the cancer from his knee. This respite is to allow the radiation burn treatments to heal. He says the knee is sore from the radiation, and he still has pain when he walks. He has a cane, but is reluctant to use it because it isn't an appropriate image for a thirteen year old boy to present to his peers.

Please continue your prayers for Bryson. Past donations to his gofund me account are appreciated. (https://www.gofundme.com/brysonstein)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 02:49 pm:  Edit

CIDAA Members--I haven't seen any members contributing to Bryson's needs. I contribute by sending Allan checks so that my name does not appear for the world to see.
Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan STEIN (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, September 15, 2017 - 03:18 pm:  Edit

Bryson began his radiation yesterday. They recently found that the tumor has grown since these doctors made their first cancer diagnosis this summer. Apparently this was not unexpected, and it is hoped that the radiation will move the size in the other direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 08:36 am:  Edit

Al, as you may know,, I had to live with a cancer stricken wife for 47 years. It is a terrible disease and you can count on my prayers for Bryson's recovery.
Your former classmate and friend!

Pat Garland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 03:28 pm:  Edit

Folks,
In case you can & want to make a donation & don't want to use the website, I suggest sending a check to Allan (his address in Gold Book).
You see, my mind is still working a bit at 80 yrs. old.
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan E. Stein (Allans35) on Friday, September 08, 2017 - 03:08 pm:  Edit

Pete, Russ and Micky,
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Angie, Bryson's mother was laid off yesterday along with 60 of her co-workers by the new owners of her hospital. Just a little added stress.
Allan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 05:26 pm:  Edit

Allen - prayer for sure. For Bryson and the entire family, including you and Marilyn. I hope all of you can feel God's comfort during this ordeal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 03:53 pm:  Edit

Allan,
Prayers already offered & w/b continuously by Myrna & myself.
I'm going to try & reach you by telephone--may have a few suggestions to assist Bryson.
Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 08:05 am:  Edit

Allen, very sorry to hear this and will definitely say special prayers for Bryson and all family members. I hope, and pray, that you and Marilyn are doing well at this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan E. Stein, CW3, USA, Ret (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 01:41 pm:  Edit

My name is Allan Stein. I retired from the Army and the CID in 1973. My Grandson, Bryson Stein is 13 years old and resides in Asotin, Washington. Asotin is just outside of Lewiston, Idaho. For the last two years, Bryson has been dealing with a knee issue that is painful and physically limiting, and has had several unsuccessful surgical procedures during that time. This summer, Bryson, my son, Craig and our daughter-in-law, Angie, his parents, traveled to Seattle, Washington. After many tests and biopsies, it was determined that Bryson's problem was cancer. Specifically a soft tissue, Synovial Sarcoma, a rare type of cancer diagnosed about 800 times a year in the USA. Further testing disclosed that the cancer had not traveled to other parts of his body, but that the cancer fully involved the knee, wrapped around the bone, ligaments and vessels. The course of treatment will require 25 to 28 radiation treatments, followed by surgery to remove the cancer. It is likely, that a second surgery on the other leg will follow to correct an anticipated problem with the growth plates in his legs.

Bryson has an older sister and three younger brothers that live with he and his parents in Asotin, but the treatments and surgeries will all take place in Seattle, about a five hour road trip. Since the radiation will take place on successive days, one parent with have to stay in Seattle, while the other keeps the home fires burning for the rest of the family. Craig is a respiratory therapist and Angie is a sleep study therapist at a hospital in Lewiston, Idaho. Angie has taken a leave of absence from the hospital and suspended her college courses for a nursing degree this semester. The radiation treatments will begin on Monday, September 11,2017.

I am asking for prayers for Bryson, his parents, brothers and sister, and the medical staff who will be treating Bryson. I know that prayer works because it helped me survive six weeks in a coma following open heart surgery seven years ago.

Further, if you are so moved, you can help Bryson's family by making a donation at Go Fund Me https://www,gofundme.com/brysonstein) to help the family defray what appears to be a lengthy and very costly period of time for this family.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: