Has a 31B ever been the CID CSM?

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Has a 31B ever been the CID CSM?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 08:03 am:  Edit

Mickey - always good to hear from you. Violet and I are good. She still keeps me in line (her #1 job), and works me hard (keeps me active and reasonably fit). Saw your photo in "The Badge". And, the story with it. Impressive. You guys hang in there. We are all pretty dependent on what you add to this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 06:44 am:  Edit

Russ, you could be correct. I just know Vic was sometime after Devaney and, I believe, Devaney was his mentor in getting the position. I hope you and Vi are doing well and enjoying life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 03:42 pm:  Edit

I didn't remember Vic Deavers being CSM that early on, but He was at Ft Hood FO when I first started there with CID. Vic was a real inspiration for me. I just enjoyed being around him and other greats from whom I soaked up professional knowledge and mindset. When CIDC got its first CSM, for me, it just felt right. I appreciate the leadership all of CIDC CSMs provided.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 06:33 am:  Edit

After CSM Devaney came CSM Vic Deavers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeffrey castro (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:28 am:  Edit

Thanks for the input so far...here is the list I have:

1. CSM Edwin M. King -- May 1975 December 1977
2. CSM Donald E. Devaney -- December 1977 September 1981
3. CSM Thomas R. Chesire -- September 1981 June 1986
4. CSM William C. Waninger -- June 1986 May 1990
5. CSM John W. Brown -- May 1990 June 1994
6. CSM Wayne C. Heinold -- June 1994 September 1997
7. CSM Michael Misianowycz -- September 1997 September 2006
8. CSM Leslie Koonce -- September 2006 - May 2010
9. CSM Thomas J. Seaman -- May 2010 - August 2013
10. CSM Timothy S. Fitzgerald -- August 2013 - May 2015
11. CSM Crystal L. Wallace -- May 2015 - January 2017
12. CSM Bradley E. Cross -- February 2017 - ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Weyl (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:16 pm:  Edit

SGM King was MI both CSM Devaney 1975 or 76 until 1981 and Chesire 1981 until 1986 or 87 I believe after that all others have been 95D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles L. Ellis Jr (Chuck) on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:00 am:  Edit

I seem to recall the very first CSM after the Command was established was not a CID or a MP MOS person. I cannot recall his name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeffreycastro (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 09:13 am:  Edit

Jeffrey Castro here from the CID Public Affairs Office. Got some CID history trivia that I hope you can answer.

CID is getting a new CSM later this month - CSM Bradley Cross. Cross is an MP (31B), so his appointment is unique b/c as far as I have gathered, he will be the first non-CID agent CSM CID has ever had. Everyone I've spoken to has said that every CID CSM since 1975 has been an agent (95D).

In my research three names have come up as maybe being MP - CSM Edwin King, CSM Donald Devaney and CSM Thomas Chesire.

Can anyone confirm that any of the former CID CSMs were MP at the time they took over as the CID CSM?

I'd appreciate any information... pls send it to jeffrey.castro.civ@mail.mil

Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: