Passing of a CID agent?

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Passing of a CID agent?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Friday, June 10, 2016 - 04:44 pm:  Edit

I served with Bob Coucoules at least 2 times--in France and at HQ. I served with Jim Kousoulas in the UK. I'm embarrassed in that I can't think of Bob Coucoules' brother's name, but I also served with him. Jim K. was former OSI, but a pretty good CID SA. The Coucoules brothers were great SAs. Sorry Mickey I don't have the history that Clarence Romig gathered. I did send Clarence a DVD w/my CID Bio many moons ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, June 10, 2016 - 08:15 am:  Edit

Bob Coucoules authored a History of the CIDAA until he ran out of material. The history was completed by Clarence Romig who was the Association's Historian at the time. It was distributed or sold to members at an annual reunion in the early 2000s. My copy, unfortunately, was consumed during a fire that occurred on 2 June 2015 at the Senior Community Bill and I lived in. I would like to borrow, buy or steal (smile) a copy if anyone has one at this time. Please email me. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 04:41 pm:  Edit

Dave, he's not familiar to me, but I suspect he started in CID much earlier than me, as I didn't come into the command until 1975. I was in Germany an earlier tour with MI and the only two CID personnel I remember was Ben Ferrara (I probably spelled his name wrong.) and LTC Rosen. In 1974, I was in Frankfurt and Colonel Rosen provided the recommendation letter, as I knew MI was about to expel me do to my wife's family in the east. Dave Jensen was an MPI in Frankfurt with the 61st at the time. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G.Ownby (Derdegen) on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 08:34 pm:  Edit

I read in the "In Memoriam" section of the June 2016 issue of Military Officer of CW3 Robert Coucoules' passing. If he is who I think he was, he was at the Hq, 15th MP Det (CI) in Worms, Germany when I was the investigations clerk there. The 15th CID supported USACOMZ. I remember Chief Coucoules was a Mason and was grooming James Kousoulas to become one. Chief Coucoules was an inspiration to me, and part of the reason I later applied for CID. I remember him telling me he came into the Army with a 7th grade education, and then had 2 years of college. Does anyone else remember him. David Ownby, CW3 (Ret)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: