LEOSA

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): LEOSA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl W. Intemann (Karl_intemann) on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 12:03 pm:  Edit

In case anyone is interested, I received my LEOSA credential (retired) today, in the mail. I submitted my application on 2/6/2016.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 06:38 am:  Edit

I was notified yesterday that my LEOSA credentials are in the mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl W. Intemann (Karl_intemann) on Sunday, February 07, 2016 - 01:52 pm:  Edit

I began processing my application this week. I used “Fieldprint” as the channeler to get the FBI clearance. I completed the fingerprint information on-line, using the link from the FBI web site. I got a call to confirm the need for the FBI Background Check, I stuck to the script and they approved my request and scheduled me for a “live scan” fingerprint appointment. They had an appointment the next day about 3 miles from my house. After the appointment, I got an e-mail message while on my way home and was able to print out the document when I got home. Cost of the FBI clearance was $50. Extremely fast turnaround. I will get the application notarized this week, attach my check and get it submitted. I hope the rest of the application process go as fast and as easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Different Name (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 10:07 am:  Edit

I just applied for my LEOSA last week. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I (eventually) obtained my CPL for Michigan this past summer after I retired...

FYI - I'm pending my website user account...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 07:33 am:  Edit

Ken. Wouldn't it be nice if all States had the same game rules? Thanks for the clarification. Virginia had reciprocity with 10 other states, but just announced two days ago that they will no longer recognize other States! Go figure. There is always someone who is trying to erode or take away our Second Amendment rights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 07:51 am:  Edit

Hi Larry, I do have a Florida concealed weapons card (which in Florida if you are ex-military or ex-LENF doesn't require a class), which you are correct is only good in states with reciprocity), which works in all the states I travel in, except Illinois. I was writing about the Firearms Proficiency Verification Card, which FDLE (Florida's agency for verification under the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act of 2004) issues to retired law enforcement officers. My former agency, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Tampa, has one day a month were ex-law enforcement officers show up with their retired credentials and shoot the course. The card certifies that you are in accordance with the 2004 Act and amendments. Our range master would most likely accept Army CID (retired) credentials (the verbiage about investigating violations of the UCMJ, Army regulations, or law) seem to fit the bill.
The card is the same one that all retired local, state, and federal agents carry with their retired credentials and is applicable through-out the country.

That said there's nothing wrong with being prudent - if you don't have other non-CID experience - and jumping through the hoops put up by the Army and CID Command.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 05:07 am:  Edit

State authorization gets you the CCW for state carry only, unless there is a reciprocity agreement. If you want authorization to carry in all 50 stats, go to: http://www.leosaarmy.com/login. You will eventually need your retired CID credentials. When you apply under LEOSA for DOD (Department of the Army) authorization, you follow only what's outlined in the aforementioned link. A lot of local jurisdictions don't know aboutthis procedure because it's new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 09:40 am:  Edit

Jesse, I do the same thing. FDLE has a 40 shot static course (easy one) and you qualify each year. I use my retired sheriff's credentials. I suspect if a retired CID agent showed up with retired credentials, they would issue the card. There's all kinds of federal and state agents show up each month. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse Harris (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 11:51 am:  Edit

Where do you get the application?

I have my credentials from when I retired from the state as a retired Police Officer, but would like to have a set for my service with CID.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 08:22 am:  Edit

Carlton. Also see my other post. The fingerprint process I referred too was Channeler. I wanted the Express service; therefore the results were obtained in 4 hours. Cost was $150.00. Can't understand why it would take six attempts. If they were using the same system I experienced, the computer will not forward the prints unless they are readable. Prints are rarely read by a human anymore; it's all automated, AKA: AFIS. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 06:13 pm:  Edit

That's ridiculous. I don't know where you are going to get printed BUT it can be done. See my follow up in the other thread. Try the powder. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carleton Nevin (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:54 pm:  Edit

The LEOSA application fee is $165.00; fingerprints $15.00 per card;Using an approved FBI Channeler for forwarding prints to FBI $49.95 channelers fee; $19.95 for each forwarded card. They may discount for repeated need ($9.95). In my case it has been very expensive; 6 attempts to date.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: