Army Military Police/CID LEOSA

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Army Military Police/CID LEOSA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 08:16 am:  Edit

All. I got my fingerprints through a private (contract) firm who has the "new" system. No more ink, powder, etc. You put your fingers on a glass plate, it's read by a computer and you see the print on the TV type monitor. If the ridges are not clearly defined, it shows little blinking triangles. This happened to me. The women said my hands and finger tips were too dry. She applied hand lotion and tried it again. Bingo! It worked. She hit "save" and away the prints go, to the FBI in WV. Four hours later, I got an email from the DOJ/FBI with an attachment that said I was not a criminal. Come on guys. Let's move (albeit slowly) into the 21st Century. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas G Wilson (Tom) on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 03:59 pm:  Edit

Reposted for Ernie Hamm:

Carleton,

You may be having difficulty because of the current technology in which your recorded prints are not be evaluated by a real live person, but an automated system that has problems in discriminating features in a recorded print of low quality. The low quality could be resulting from skin conditions on the fingers. (You mentioned Fate J. and Claude, so you are going back a long way and age is definitely a contributor to skin condition!!)

The powder method mentioned by Mickey is one way to overcome the obstacle, but there are different powdering ways to accomplish the recording. I would suggest that you locate an old-time latent print examiner that would be familiar with the powder technique and has been schooled in manual fingerprint classification to properly note features required for a classification. In the past the prints were submitted with a letter of explanation on the method utilized, which would also include a classification code, with the signature of a certified examiner. Not sure what these ‘channelers’ are or what they are doing (except getting fees). Your problems will be working through the automated technology levels to get the prints accepted.

Having served in the military, your previously recorded fingerprints are on file somewhere and they should only require one clear recorded fingerprint to compare to a previously record to confirm an identity. Of course, this is an action that is accomplished by a real live person, so Good Luck!!

Ernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 06:11 pm:  Edit

There are different methods, Carleton. It's regular black fingerprint powder. Brush it on your fingers...not too heavy and roll your prints as usual on the cards. Another method, if that doesn't work, is lift the prints using clear tape or tape made for that purpose, and put the results on the card. There's one and I forget which where you have to make sure the examiner reverses the prints. Don't give up. You can get prints good enough for your purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carleton Nevin (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, December 19, 2015 - 12:05 am:  Edit

Mickey: No one has mentioned "powder" and I am not aware of powder being used except for lifting latent prints. They have tried the, to me, new dry print method but they were also rejected. I wish Kirby or Trubey from the Frankfurt Crime Lab were available to give me advice. Your "powder" method may work if I knew what was involved. It might also help others in the same fix. The PMG ofc related " no acceptable prints - no LEOSA credential.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 07:45 am:  Edit

Carleton, have they tried using powder instead of ink? This could be a solution to your problem. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 09:22 am:  Edit

What is the cost for the "retired" CID ID?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carleton Nevn (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 02:51 pm:  Edit

Advice: Get your fingerprints and FBI record check prior to presenting your application and fee for LEOSA Credentials. My prints have been rejected four time by the FBI because "the quality fo the characteristics is to low to be used"; It seems I am not printable. There is no system that will allow me to be approved without accepted prints.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carleton Nvin (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 07:25 pm:  Edit

Defense Consulting services has started Beta Testing in the Ft Hood TX area. Presently they are doing active duty MP's. They will then test with retired LE's in the same area (Ft Hood). We will be the last part of the program, but it is happening. The application and checklist are on the "net" for downloading. "We" should not apply until after the Beta testing is completed; our applying now would jam the testing and delay the process.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: