Ken Bowles

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Ken Bowles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 01:00 am:  Edit

I'd like to advise all other persons who posted messages in this thread that I was able to connect Doctor Lawson with Ken Bowles and Jay Polk. Earlier in this thread, I mentioned that I have known Ken Bowles since 1955 when he was Ops Officer for the 89th CID at Ft Jackson, SC. I never had the pleasure to serve with Jay Polk but we had a great phone conversation about Ken and Dr. Lawson. Dr. Lawson knew Ken on Okinawa and Jay in Korea, and ironically Jay and Ken also know each other. As you observed from Dr. Lawson's posting, he has had a very impressive career. He is now an Emergency Medicine Doctor for the Holland Cruise Lines. Dr. Lawson still flies and was in Charlotte, NC last week upgrading his annual Flight Certification. We made phone contact and he and his wife Jill stopped by Columbia, SC on their way to Florida last Wednesday and we had lunch. It was a pleasure connecting these folks after so many years ago. Carl Craig - Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory G. Lawson, M.D. (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 08:25 pm:  Edit

I too knew Ken Bowles while he was in Okinawa. If anybody knows about Ken or Ester please let me know. I noted Pete Marvin's comments - knew Pete from the 123rd (I was MI at Sukiran) and have sporadically kept in touch with Pete since 1966. If anybody else from the 123rd from 1964 to 1966 cares to mail me feel free. Also have been on touch with Don Sketo from time to time. I served with the Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, DC; then as a SA with the FBI (Philadelphia/NYO/and San Juan), then as a Pilot, US Customs Service. Went to Medical School at age 37, served as a Flight Surgeon, USCG, then on loan to INS and the BOP. Retired from fed service and USAF reserves 2001. Still working as ER Doctor. Would love to hear from anybody from the past. Also - anybody know of Jay H Polk?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Been in touch with ALL parties and provided Dr.
Lawson with the data on Ken Bowles and Jay Polk.(With their permission) C Craig - Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pete Marvin (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 03:20 pm:  Edit

We (wife Gladys & I) had the pleasure of being Ken and Esters friends when he was assigned to the Engineer Command along with Jay Polk and I was assigned to the 123d in Okinawa(1966-69 time frame.) Glad to hear he is doing well, I have wondered if he was still in AZ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 06:44 pm:  Edit

Ken Bowles was my Ops Officer in 1955 at the 89th CID, Fort Jackson, SC. What an absolute gentleman and great Chief he was. Yes, that was 55 years ago when Ken was 37 and I was a real youngster at 26. Ken turned 92 this past September. I received overseas orders in 1956. After I departed, Ken and his wife Ester took my wife to Atlanta for her US Citizenship examination and swearing in. I'll be forever greatful to both of them for that. We missed seeing Ken the last time our CIDAA meeting was in Tucson. He drove up to visit us but we were were out on one of the excursions.
He had to go back home before we returned. I regret that very much. Wishing Ken and Ester many more enjoyable years. Carl and Hiroko Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:14 pm:  Edit

Hi Bill. Ken was our Ops Officer for a while at Huachuca in the mid 70's. Great guy. Hard to believe he's in his 90's but it has been over 30 years. Good to hear he is doing well. Take care yourself. We are both starting to get up in years. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Ivory (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 04:07 pm:  Edit

While at the CIDAA meeting in Atlanta, someone asked me if I had any contact with Ken Bowles who also lives in Arizona. At the time I hadnt seen him for years, but yesterday while in the PX at Ft Huachuca I bumped into Ken and his wife. We had a nice talk and I'm glad to announce that he appears to be in good health, and as ever, is sharp as a tack. I believe that when he retired from Civil Service (Drug & Alcohol Abuse Counsellor here at Huachuca) he was in his 90s.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: