Request for Advice

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Request for Advice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter A. Dedijer (Dedijer) on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 12:09 pm:  Edit

Michelle, I asked a retired JAG officer about your GS's case and he gave me some good advice to pass on to you. My email address is pdedijer@yahoo.com. Send me your email and I will forward it to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 11:32 pm:  Edit

I'm thinking it may be possible to file a tort claim through the SJA Claims Office that is responsible for the the area where the injury occurred. Some information can be found at http://www.ftmeade.army.mil/pages/sja/sja_claims.html and at http://www.ftmeade.army.mil/pages/sja/claims/docs/Tort%20Claims.pdf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas G Wilson (Tom) on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 09:06 pm:  Edit

Michelle...The IG is probably your best bet...complaint should probably be made by your GS or his parents. If the complaint is made to the Department of the Army IG, they will forward it to the appropriate level for action. Please contact me directly for additional information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas G Wilson (Tom) on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 09:01 pm:  Edit

Moved by moderator
Author: Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest)
Date: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 03:16 pm
Text: If the recruiters caused the injuries, they represent the military, and there should be a claim. I would contact the military's IG office, in Washington, DC, and request an inquiry into this matter. Call the DC information number, and ask for the IG's telephone number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas G Wilson (Tom) on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 10:53 am:  Edit

Posted on Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 11:17 pm:
I'm Michelle Glenn, my late husband was Dave Glenn; some of you may remember him. I'm looking for advice, so I'm asking the best. My GS, joined the Army last month, took the oath, was waiting on basic to start 4 May. While at a PT session at the recruiting office, led by the recruiters, being pushed by the recruiters, he ruptured the muscles in both thighs. This is a serious medical problem called rhabdomyolsis; can cause kidney failure, even death. GS spent 1.5 wks in the hospital, estimated at least 2 mo recovery. Army says he may not be able to enter, depending on Army Dr's exam. Army is also not covering his medical expenses. Where do we go, who do we talk to about getting bills paid? Your advice is really appreciated. Thank You!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: