Blue Knights

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Blue Knights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Daniel (Wdan) on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:29 am:  Edit

I'm a member of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association. Never tried BK. My opinion: I would not want to be a part of a Chapter that I had to argue my eligibility to. If they don't want me, I don't want them. Depending on your location, there are probably several MCs and MAs that you would be eligible for (military, LEO, Public Safety) that would probably be happy to have you as a member. Usually, each Chapter in national organizations are individually operated, thus may have different rules/regulations that they adhere to locally. At the same time, some just "interpret" the rules differently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:43 am:  Edit

I've been a member of the Nam Knights of America MC for over a decade. Members are active and retired police, military or both. Great club and group of guys. See: www.freestatenamknights.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Capshaw (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:30 pm:  Edit

Been a BK member for 15 years in Colorado VI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan007 (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 07:31 pm:  Edit

I am retired CID. I joined the BK's in a Southwest chapter. I was asked to run for President, did, and won. In a recruiting drive, we had a bunch of cops come in from a major city. We had a retired O-5 MP (current CO Dep). The city cops went after him saying he was an MP which did not count. The BK By Laws at the time allowed anyone in the military whose duties were "MP's." I reached out to military BK's across the world. Half of the military folks in the US were told they could not be reg members. The By Laws allow for regular membership. Bottom line- This split the chapter up, with a new chapter forming. BK International did not want to get in the middle of it. Not been back since. I still ride with the folks from the new chapter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Grossman (Rekib) on Monday, May 17, 2010 - 09:10 am:  Edit

I used to be a member of the Blue Knights here in Northern VA. Never heard of ANY problem whatsoever with CID agents being accepted into the club. I'm now a member of the Iron Warriors MC...we're a national "public safety" (law enforcement and firefighters) MC club with chapters all over the US, although not nearly as big as the Blue Knights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. E. Martin (Cemartin) on Monday, May 17, 2010 - 08:33 am:  Edit

I am a member of the Myrtle Beach Chapter. The Blue Knights International Constitution and By Laws allow active and retired CID and Military Law Enforcement to be Regular Members. In the Miscellaneous Definitions, under Military Personnel, it says that any member of a National or Federal Government Military Agency whose primary duty is in Law Enforcement,"who has the right to detain" and has completed a prescribed Military Law Enforcement Training Program, is eligible for Regular Membership. You must have a DD 214 stating that you were in law enforcement. You must also meet the other eligibility criteria. A Regular Member is one with full voting rights and is eligible to hold office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 03:37 pm:  Edit

I'm a member, however I'm also a sworn officer in Georgia. I understand that some Chapters will recognize CID. The best way is to locate your local chapter(can be found under Blue Knight website) and contact them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William E. Daniel (Wdan) on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 03:07 pm:  Edit

From what I understand, there are some CID'ers that are members. I know I was asked to join but ended up selling my bike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne H. Franklin (Wfrank56) on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 01:40 pm:  Edit

Anyone have experience with the Blue Knights NOT recognizing an Army CID applicant due to "arrest power" issues?

Wayne Franklin

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: