Violet (Hinton) Youngblood - Finally Retired!

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Violet (Hinton) Youngblood - Finally Retired!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 06:19 pm:  Edit

For those of you who know Violet, you readily understand why I am so proud of her. Violet finally retired from US Govt service after 32 years. She is still young. Started her civil service career at only 19 years of age. Most of her career was with law enforcement agencies, including CID as civilian employee at Ft Belvoir FO, where we met (when I was TDY, there). Her last 20 years was with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF). She opened the Tyler ATF Office as an Investigative Assistant. After 10 years, she was promoted to Industry Operations Investigator. She finished as the Senior IO Investigator in the Tyler Office, GS-13. She participated in several ATF benchmark events to support ATF efforts. First was the Waco Branch Dividian aftermath. Next was the Oklahoma City Bombing investigation. She also spent several weeks in support of the FBI - ATF task force effort to search for Eric Rudolph for the Atlanta, Georgia Olympic and the Birmingham, Alabama bombings. Other challenging postings in her career included Treasury Department; Army Corps of Engineers (Huntsville, AL and Dallas, TX); US Army at Carlisle Barracks, PA; New Cumberland Army Depot; And, DOD Schools, Pusan, Korea. Violet had what it takes to excell. It's a good thing, because she never had a govt job that wasn't demanding. Well, I know I have been bragging on Violet. But those of you who know her, will understand. She is quite happy with her new status. So am I! Now, if we can get through the next couple of years without her shooting me, it will be All Good!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: