A Forgotten Soldier

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): A Forgotten Soldier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John M. Clark (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 05:17 pm:  Edit

I just want to let everyone know that I not only have read and enjoyed Pat Garland's biography of General Bandholtz, I was also privileged to attend the presentation that Pat gave last month(May 2010)at the Public Library in the General's home town of Constantine, Michigan. Pat did as great a job of speaking about the book as he had done in writing it. The presentation was well-attended by townsfolk, and everyone seemed to enjoy it as much as I did. The highlight of my trip to Constantine, however, was being able to meet Pat's lovely wife, Betty, and to join them for breakfast the following morning before returning to my home in Monroe, Michigan.
Pat, by the way, was one of the first CID Agents I met when I arrived at Fort Campbell in June 1967. He was about to leave for his assignment at the lab at Fort Gordon at the time, but I was honored to meet him before he left.
For anyone who hasn't yet read Pat's book, you are missing out on a very interesting piece of work that was extremenly well-researched and written.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:35 am:  Edit

Ken;
Thanks! I will be taking the book to the MP School in May, and will have copies in Tampa. Carl Craig is writing a review for CIDAA since Clarence Romig can no longer see. Anyone wanting signed copies earlier can email me at home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 08:22 am:  Edit

Pat I don't think my first post took. If you can bring some copies to the fall CIDAA meeting, there are several folks who will purchase copies, me included. Art brought one to the Florida group meeting at Key West. Book looks very interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 01:38 pm:  Edit

This month, my biography of General Harry Bandholtz was published and I am really pleased at the way it came out. It is a story of his entire lifespan with detailed emphasis on his MP/CID involvement. Researching his story was a joy and took me several places. It should be an interesting read for those studying military history. Clarence Romig is presently writing a review.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: