Website Support Thanks!

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Website Support Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SGT Cuevas (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 07:34 am:  Edit

Ray, what you need to do is visit Puerto Rico the
Tropical Island, and best of all you have an old friend here :-) We can not be without the Best CID Agent and the oldes too :-) Take care, and remember you have history here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl Duncan Thayer (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 01:08 pm:  Edit

This is for Mr. Youngblood. Hoping to put together a reunion of all Neu Ulm members to include CID agents. Maybe you might have some more of the folks we have been looking for!
Please email Gene Hollerude

g.hollerud@mchsi.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 05:39 pm:  Edit

RE: Ray Kangas' initial posting this subject - Amen! I also noted the posting category - why non-members are not allowed to post in the member section. There is a lot of mean stuff out here in the internet netherland. I constantly fight to keep my email account clean of spam, viruses, you name it - just like most of you folks. I wish it was easier to be completely open for our forum, but it has become too risky. I know that Ed and Carl really work hard to maintain this site for us. I really appreciate their efforts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Bosse (Mike_bosse) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 02:20 pm:  Edit

I am humbled by the comments from the men I consider some of the giants upon whose shoulders I stood to strive to reach my potential within CID. And I was very fortunate to have served, several times, with Ben Benavidez and Dave Zeliff, gents who were/are not only excellent Agents, but also very close personal friends. I was and am very, very fortunate to have served with all the fine folks mentioned.

Mr. Kangas has been herding me in the right direction since circa 1983/4, when he inspected the Fort Hood Drug Suppression Team, on which I was a young SPC/MPI. At the time, I did not know him or anyone outside the folks at Fort Hood District. My three main role models were the Opns (Mr Allen), my Team Chief (Mr. Krans), and my immediate Boss (Mr. Kisling) - men whom I was certain were featured on the painting for “The Last Supper.” I observed the deference and respect those three men, and everyone else in the District, showed to Mr. Kangas, and I immediately realized the towering figure he was (and still is) in our Command. During that inspection, even though I was at least 137 levels below his position (and still am), Mr. Kangas spent over an hour with me, one on one, talking DST, CID and investigations in general – an hour which I would later learn was probably the most formative I would ever have in CID. Ten years later he provided his protective blanket for me yet again when I ran into some rough ground while attending AFIP. Mr. Boyd was my first SAC once I became an Agent, and I can still recall wishing I knew just 10% of what he had forgotten about CID and how much more I could accomplish if I could somehow absorb what he was trying to teach me every day. It still fascinates me how he was able to know, in advance, the things I was about to go out and screw up on cases, have a remedy available to save me, but still let me learn by my mistakes, and do so with such ease, confidence and patience. I’ll never forget his in-processing talk with me, especially the part where he told me not to be afraid to make a decision while working a case – that he could undo just about anything I’d done wrong if I’d gone down the wrong road. It inspired enormous confidence and motivated me to work hard and try things. He pushed my WO packet and threw himself in front of many a bus for me during my time under his command. Mr. Unruh was instrumental a couple times - once when I attended WOC School and had an, um, “incident” with the non-CID TAC Officers. A second and more critical incident occurred when, just as I was about to become a Senior Warrant Officer (SWO), I stepped on my male appendage – hard, really hard. He pulled me off to the side, and the 15 minutes he talked to me about how to go about the remedy for what I had caused myself literally pulled me from the ashes and gave me the framework for being a SWO. I know he also ran interference for me behind the scenes, and probably does not even remember what I did wrong or what he did to fix it because he just believed that saving young and stupid warrant officers was his duty and nothing special – but it clearly was, especially to me. Without these men, and many other men and women not mentioned, I would not have achieved whatever little I was able to achieve in my career.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 08:34 am:  Edit

It's always great to look back at who helped to make you who you are -- two of my mentors are Ray Kangas and Jim Boyd and here they both are in the same message string! Then there is Mike Bosse, someone who made me look like I knew what I was doing at the MP School -- did an outstanding job in spite of my leadership or lack thereof. Funny that Ray Kangas taught me death investigations at the MP School, and Mike Bosse taught death investigations while I was the chief at MPOID! Ben and Dave never actually worked directly for me (that I recall), but when I was working for Jim Boyd at 3d MP Group he "hinted" that if I wanted a cold murder solved that he had assigned me to monitor, I should send Dave up to do the work -- I did and he solved it (as usual). I had the pleasure of seeing A.J. on the job several times and he stands out as well -- maybe because I didn't get to put the Unruh spin on him like I did Mike and Dave. Anyway, it is great to see all of these great people in one string -- have a great day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 12:09 am:  Edit

Jim: You are 100% right on and you are an excellent judge of "horseflesh". The guys that you name were/are some of the best Agents that ever went to the bathroom behind two shoes. I am happy to, once again, be in agreement with you (even though you are a curmudgeon). Best regards to you and yours and keep our mutual friend straight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 09:51 pm:  Edit

I had the honor of having SGT Mike BOSSE as one of the VERY junior SA's assigned to Rucker RA, when I was there as SAC. I submitted recommendations for BOSSE and SA A.J. BENAVIDEZ to be appointed to WO. At that time, the Rucker RA came under Benning District. The "powers that be" at District and at Region both called me, advising that BOSSE didn't have the experience level normally expected for an SA to be advanced to Warrant. District recommended disapproval. Region called me about that situation. My requirement was that my recommendation be forwarded to Command and let the final decision be made at that level. Needless to say, at this point, Command over-rode both District and Region. Bosse got his warrant and I've never had to look back with regret at pushing that issue as far as I possibly could.
Along with BOSSE, BENEVIDEZ also served with distinction and was, at one time, the senior agent in Iraq, if my memory serves me correctly.
There are times that young agents, like BOSSE, BENEVIDEZ and Dave ZELIFF just stand out so highly that you know they have what it takes to be highly successful. I consider those three enlisted agents to be the best that I ever had the pleasure of working with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Bosse (Mike_bosse) on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 05:30 pm:  Edit

Yes, like Mr. Kangas, I would also like to say, "Thank You, Gents."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 03:51 pm:  Edit

Ed and Carl: Thought this might be a good time to thank you guys for all you do and to remind you that your efforts are greatly appreciated. Pls keep doing that which should be done.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: