Goodbye, Yobo

CIDAA Forum: Guestbook (Public): Goodbye, Yobo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 01:27 pm:  Edit

The book has now been reviewed by the Military Writer's Society of America (MWSA)and received excellent remarks. For full review of the book log into MWSA.com.
My e-mail for those interested is: jearl_ballow_247@comcast.net. Note the underline between segments of the name and number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Thompson (Capthuggy) on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 04:55 pm:  Edit

JeBuck Ballow...I tried to send you email at the address in your profile and it bounced. Is it correct there?
Thanks much...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 01:58 pm:  Edit

While the Shishi Cried. Another episode of Agents E.Z. Behr and Charlie Bees on Okinawa. They team with the Okinawan Police to investigate the murder of a bar girl in Naminoue and find themselved in the world of the Pink Trade. Its the old White Slavery practice where young Asian girls are lured to the island with the promise of high paying, legitimate jobs. Instead they find themselves forced into the bars and the world of prostitution where they are held in economic slavery with no means of escape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 12:47 pm:  Edit

Weeden: It is still at the publisher at this time. It will be about two months before it is published. Will send you a copy at that time for you to look it over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 12:09 am:  Edit

I tried to post this before, but it did not take. Buck, do you want the new novel reviewed in the CIDAA Newsletter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 02:06 pm:  Edit

Sales of the book have been brisk as was my previous book, Hibiscus Blood. Acceptance of the books has encouraged me to persue my writing. Another book concerning the murder of a bar girl in Naminoue, Okinawa, is about ready and will probably go to the publisher in about another month. Thanks for your support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rich (Tired_warrior) on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:14 pm:  Edit

Hmmmmmmm ... you did say the names were changed to protect the "innocent"?
what would I know of sch things after only two and a half yrs there? (just kidding of course)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 06:49 pm:  Edit

If you spent any time in Korea, especially at one of the smaller camps, you should be able to relate to this book. Hopefully it will bring back fond memories of those tours. It has the bars, bar girls, mama-sans, brawls, black-marketing, larceny, and murder; all the events that made your tour interesting to say the least. Although the time, place, characters and events are all fictional, some of the readers might find something of themselves between the lines. It is presently available on the internet through the publisher, Infinity Publishing, at BBOTW.com. It will take a while before it hits Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: